Is there a common repository for shortwave broadcast frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding SW broadcasts.

Recently I purchased a Yaesu FT1D Digital Handheld Radio, which has the ability to monitor shortwave broadcast frequencies that are pre-programmed into the radio's software.

It has been enjoyable listening to these frequencies to hear the BBC, Havana, France, etc. But I have a question about the frequencies used.

On my Mac I use MacLoggerDX for logging purposes, and included is time/date of SW stations on the air. These vary from the programming on the Yaesu radio, so I am at a loss as to what frequencies are used, and if there are frequencies used that my radio does not have included in the programming.

I suppose my question is this: Is there a central repository of shortwave frequencies used for broadcasts? If so, where may I locate this information?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help, and I look forward to your replies!

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I use that short-wave.info site as well. Not all stations show up in their database, but it helps identify about 99% of the ones I come across.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While there isn't one 'best' source of SWBC news, there are others that are worthy besides the ones already mentioned...

I don't know if Dan F. is still creating the master spreadsheet that combines many different sources into one - and he updates it quite regularly. It's distributed via a Yahoo group, viz..

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swskeds/info

There are a few sites that should also catch your attention, although some aren't updated nearly as often...

DXAsia.in

HFCC - International Broadcasting Delivery

And a utility for the Mac users out there...

ShortBoard : ShortWave Schedule Management for the Mac

I would be remiss if didn't mention long time DXer and author Glenn Hauser's DXLD Yahoo group which is just chock full of schedule information

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dxld/info

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Certainly Dan is still very active on the Yahoo site - every day there's something new.

Dan says that we should have a beer in his honour and tell him how good it tasted. Now that I make my own home brew I can blame him for my downfall... :)

N2AL

Thanks everyone for your replies! I have taken the information and sites you all provided to work to build a list of frequencies to monitor. Please feel free to continue posting advice for SW listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.