Border patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

David628

Premium Subscriber
Its possible that they were detailed from one area to another and are driving their vehicles to their new duty/TDY location. Also, often times vehicles are serviced, replaced and transferred to other duty stations as the need arises (i.e. breakdowns, crashes, new vehicle swap outs with older vehicles etc.)

z31jaime

They sit in the medians of the interstate near orlando and North alot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that they are looking for illegal renters.

LOL! Brilliant!

But back on topic, the Border Patrol actually conducts interior enforcement such as task forces, highway interdiction, etc. I'm not familiar with Border Patrol in Louisiana, but here in Florida, they have a station in Orlando. That's smack in the middle of the state with no border anywhere. I would bet what the OP saw had something to do with some kind of highway transportation check/interdiction operation. I would monitor the federal VHF band for activity, as that's where they operate.

ecps92

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1084/~/legal-authority-for-the-border-patrol
Generally the marker is 100 Air Miles from the Border :cool:

I've seen folks confuse the multiple agencies under CBP, which is why I asked about the Color of the Vehicles.

Generally Green is Border Patrol
Where the White/Blue stripe is the ICE, CBP, FPS etc

All of Florida is within the 100 mi limit :)

A Quick map of the 100 mi border is at
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/constitutionfreezonemap.png

LOL! Brilliant!

But back on topic, the Border Patrol actually conducts interior enforcement such as task forces, highway interdiction, etc. I'm not familiar with Border Patrol in Louisiana, but here in Florida, they have a station in Orlando. That's smack in the middle of the state with no border anywhere. I would bet what the OP saw had something to do with some kind of highway transportation check/interdiction operation. I would monitor the federal VHF band for activity, as that's where they operate.

ande2078

Cajunjerry I saw the vehicle yesterday morning also some one probably didn't pay their dues to someone and got a tip about a certain vehicle coming through it was in local news van got stopped and it look like a covey of quail leaving the van some got away

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lindsay34654

Everyone is missing one fact, your are all mostly right, there are borders in every state in the US, think on this, how many states do not have an airport? The border patrol is in everyone of them They are called CBP now. Any air port that has planes coming in from another Country has the possibility. of any ill-legal coming in or going out, You think that they might be watching for someone? Or they might have transferred some one to an airport for deportation and they just met up in a location to share paper work. My job consist of taking aliens from a cruise line that were terminated and their paperwork was been canceled by CBP for deportation. There are also several companies in the US that do this also. When we are done sometimes we are informed to meet with CBP to turn over our paper work, we could meet anywhere to do this. DO NOT ASSUME

ecps92

And hence the confusion continues

Airports generally have Customs and ICE, not Border Patrol
Border Patrol Agents are at the Border :D

old name = New Names
Customs -->> Customs and Border Protection (CBP Officers)
Border Patrol -->> Customs and Border Protection (BP Agents)
Immigration and Naturalization Service -->> Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE and/or HSI Agents)

Everyone is missing one fact, your are all mostly right, there are borders in every state in the US, think on this, how many states do not have an airport? The border patrol is in everyone of them They are called CBP now. Any air port that has planes coming in from another Country has the possibility. of any ill-legal coming in or going out, You think that they might be watching for someone? Or they might have transferred some one to an airport for deportation and they just met up in a location to share paper work. My job consist of taking aliens from a cruise line that were terminated and their paperwork was been canceled by CBP for deportation. There are also several companies in the US that do this also. When we are done sometimes we are informed to meet with CBP to turn over our paper work, we could meet anywhere to do this. DO NOT ASSUME

nd5y

Customs and Border Protection isn't always within 100 miles of the border. They have field stations in places like Abilene, Dallas and New Orleans.

SCPD

QRT
Customs, cbp is pretty much anywhere and everywhere in the United states, highways, rural areas, metro you name it. If it has any sort of airport, entry, water way, rail road, they will be there.

ecps92

Not sure who you are replying to.

BP Operates within 100 air miles of the Borders
the others the entire US&T (US & Territories)
Customs and Border Protection isn't always within 100 miles of the border. They have field stations in places like Abilene, Dallas and New Orleans.

nd5y

Not sure who you are replying to.
BP Operates within 100 air miles of the Borders
I lived about 4 miles from the Dallas Border Patrol station (which was located in Euless, TX). They had green striped vehicles. They aren't limited to 100 miles of the border unless something changed recently.

ecps92

Only can go on what their web sites provide for information
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1084/~/legal-authority-for-the-border-patrol
YMMV and as we know from Federal Monitoring, a NAC alone does not ID the agency :)

Here in New England the BP Stations and their P25 Radio Network are all within the 100 mi proximity of the Canadian border
I lived about 4 miles from the Dallas Border Patrol station (which was located in Euless, TX). They had green striped vehicles. They aren't limited to 100 miles of the border unless something changed recently.

Last edited:

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Although that site is accurate, it is focusing on a small portion of the Border Patrol's (BP) authorities/duties. What's not being mentioned in these posts is that they are federal law enforcement officers who have arrest authority throughout the U.S. As such, they do have a presence, although sometimes temporary, in many places beyond 100 miles from the border. As an example, the Miami Sector's AOR includes Georgia and the Carolinas. While they don't have a permanent presence in those areas, the do conduct operations there.

I guess what I'm getting at is to not discard the possibility of monitoring BP activities well inland. Even though they don't have too many repeater systems beyond the 100 mile line, they do have a few. And when working in areas where no BP systems exist, they use the CBP Nets or even simplex. Heck, lets add more confusion to the matter. Here in Florida, BP, OFO, AMO and ICE all use the same CBP VHF system. And within the system, there are two dispatch centers, BP Sector communications and C-100 NLECC. BP agents use their sector dispatchers and the rest use C-100. At midnight, BP Sector dispatchers close shop and transfer all traffic to C-100 dispatchers until morning. And lets not throw the Florida ICE VHF system into the mix. That's a whole other story. In my opinion, all this is what makes federal monitoring fun...the challenge.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
BP are federal officers and they can be anywhere in the U.S. Since they are not actively seeking and deporting illegal aliens because of current administration policy, most likely they are working with a task force of state and local agencies doing drug interdiction.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I have spotted marked Border Patrol vehicles in Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas and Colorado before...

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.