DPS Metro Central Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I know that the primary site for Metro Central is Shaw Butte, but does anyone know what other site they are using? I can be sitting right under Shaw Butte (where my office is) but some of the calls come in very poorly....perhaps off of South Mountain or White Tanks? Sometimes the individual units go from perfect sounding to weak and then back to perfect from one TX to the next...as if their mobiles are switching between sites.

KB7MIB

A "voter" system at the dispatch site will steer the dispatchers transmission to the best transmitter site based on the signal strength from the mobile/portable radios.
The troopers can't select which site their radios use.

John
Peoria

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
A "voter" system at the dispatch site will steer the dispatchers transmission to the best transmitter site based on the signal strength from the mobile/portable radios.
The troopers can't select which site their radios use.

John
Peoria

Yeah, I realize that it's an automated process, I might not have been clear with that. I'm just curious as to where the other site(s) is / are...

caphab1

Locations

SM, Shaw, White Tanks, N. Mtn, Thompson.

Im not positive on N.Phx, I will look and get back to you.

caphab1

SM, Shaw, White Tanks, N. Mtn, Thompson.

Im not positive on N.Phx, I will look and get back to you.

Black canyon and sunset point are the only others that i can add. i hear that they are going to redistrict, so id hazard to say changes are a foot

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Black canyon and sunset point are the only others that i can add. i hear that they are going to redistrict, so id hazard to say changes are a foot

Thanks! That all makes sense, except for North Mountain and Shaw Butte, which are less than a mile from each other, so I wonder on that one. I wonder if they might be using FAR North Mountain, which is at 7th street and the Carefree Highway...

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have a document from the year 2000 that shows the following Dist 5 (Central) transmitters:
Shaw Butte
Thompson Peak
I-10 Tunnel
South Mountain
White Tanks

They may have added some sites since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.