• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mototrbo CPS program tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

HummerMike

I have three XPR4550's that I use on Amateur DMR. Got these at a bargain off of Ebay. The only catch was that they were in the 450 - 512mhz spread. A hex edit was and easy enough fix to bring the band spread down to 440 - 512mhz. The only trick is that you have to always modify the plug that is saved on the computer, or in my case on a memory stick. Then load the modified code plug to the radio. (If you READ a code plug out of a 450mhz radio, the software will reset the lower limit back to 450mhz when reloading back to the radio.)
I have been using the CPS 7.0 version for my programming. The only downfall was that with CPS 7.0, it would not read any of the newer DMR code plus from the NCPRN site. So I finally broke down and upgraded to CPS 12.1. It reads the on line code plugs fine. I opened up the newly down loaded code plug and my own radio code plug, both at the same time. I cut and pasted what I wanted from the down loaded plug to mine. Re-saved my own code plug to the memory stick.
Here is the problem and what worked for me. When I went to load the code plug with CPS 12.1, it came up with the error message that I had to enable (buy) the 25khz entitlement key. I had another older laptop with CPS 7.0 still on it. I took my updated code plug file and it would still read on the older CPS 7 program. It would also load my modified code plug into my radio with the 25khz analog 440 repeaters.

N1GTL

Database Admin
If you have an MOL account, you can get 25khz entitlement. I don't think there was a charge. Just watching something and take an online test.

KK4LBX

If you have an MOL account, you can get 25khz entitlement. I don't think there was a charge. Just watching something and take an online test.

Yea, it gets confusing but it's free. Give em a call and tell em what you need and they'll run you through all you need and such. Just make sure after you finally get it where you can order it that you put in the quantity the number of computers your running CPS on. I put in 2 cause I'm running 2 computers with CPS on em.

N4KVE

Yup, it's free as long as you paid for the CPS. For those that got the CPS for free, there was a simple hack to enable wide band w/o jumping through Moto's hoops. Sadly that site had to drop the links, but it could be on the internet. The newest CPS, & FW really improves the tx audio on those 1st gen radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.