Johnston P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone has heard when the new Johnston County P25 system will go live. I know that they are in the process of reprogramming all the radios for the new system but i didn't know if anyone has heard an official date.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Picking up traffic this morning on the new Johnston County P25 System. The control channels that i have found so far are the same as the ones for the old Edacs System.

danko139

Premium Subscriber
I show the current control channel for the new P25 system as 858.1375, location 1 (was that tower moved? Is it the Clayton tower on 42 behind the fire station?)

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the numbering layout for the PD / S.O Units ? Trying to figure out the LE talkgroups.

danko139

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening all last night and this morning to the new Harris P25 system, and have figured out the sites and some of the talkgroups. I am trying to figure out which of the 4000s are Sheriff's office, Clayton PD, etc. Also finding the different sites and control channels. Hope to have that figured out later tonight. I will post that here and send officially up the chain once I have verified things, so that admin can update the RR database. System sounds pretty good, by the way. At least as good as the EDACS system did, that is, on my homemade SDR setup.

danko139

Premium Subscriber
Well, well, well. Looks like the new P25 system for Johnston County may actually be Phase II. After fighting with Unitrunker all night, seems that explains the double-channel listing. The Sheriff's office seems to be operating Phase II, while EMS and Fire are on Phase I. At least that's my guess.

As I recall, Phase I and Phase II can coexist, since II is simply sticking two channels in the Phase I space. All night long I have been watching Unitrunker/DSD+ decode fine all the Phase I traffic, but when the Phase II traffic shows up on the split channels, I only hear it on the Phase II-capable scanner. That seems to explain it.

Talkgroup 5000 seems to be the Sheriff's Office, Phase II.

Whether I am right or wrong, figuring this out has been a lot of fun.

Squad101

Just barely picking up the cc in the US-1/Durant Rd area in North Raleigh. What I do hear is loud and clear and sounds great. Definitely picking up both Phase II and Phase I transmissions. I'm hearing alot more than I ever heard on the old system in this area.

zietus

Premium Subscriber
Any Sites and Control Channel Freqs?
Not sure how permanent these are but unitrunker reported the following JoCo peer sites -- some of these worked for me last night

Site 003 - 858.1375
Site 005 - 852.3250
Site 006 - 851.3000
Site 007 - 854.7375

Mokanic

TG Update

Just heard traffic on TG 4004 (Four Oaks PD), but it was Wilson's Mills PD. The NCSHP was informing PD of nine motorcycles coming through on 70 east bound. 70 hwy does not go through Four Oaks, but it does go through Wilson's Mills. I will continue to monitor for confirmation.

Do I just submit an addition to the database to add WM PD to this TG? Or what is the proper way to do this?

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
That may actually be the County PD Channel. On the old system several of the small town pd's shared the County PD talkgroup.

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
It was County PD. That aspect from the old system did not change

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
And that was a Smithfield officer reporting the motorcycles not SHP

Mokanic

Johnston County P25 down?

I have not heard ANY traffic on the system since about 0930 this morning. I am hearing the conventional dispatch for fire and EMS, but nothing on P25. Opening squelch reveals a single monotone and no CC noise as is normal.:confused:

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
My Fire Dept P25 radio has worked all morning, even talked on a ops channel earlier

Mokanic

OK. Thanks.
I am not seeing the DAT indication in the lower right corner of the 436 as usual. The Pro96 is picking up the monotone I am hearing and it doesn't see the CC in manual with squelch open.
I will have to go mobile and see if it is some signal being generated here at the house since this morning. Curious.
Thanks.

Mokanic

Drove a 5 mile radius around home and still hearing the tone. Something changed since this AM. Was picking up good traffic until then. VIPER is good. Not hearing it on other frequencies.
Maybe my butt/brain is generating the tone on all four JoCo P25 frequencies. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.