Oakland PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I have programmed Oakland PD into my 436 but still do not pick it up when I am in Oakland. Is Oakland PD on a special encrypted system?

I have kept scanner updated on firmware and database.

Hear them just fine on EBRCS.

kma371

QRT
I have both Oakland P25 and EBRCS programmed but still get nothing.

Police Talkgroups on EBRCS:

On P-25:

31553 to 31580

Those are the systems you programmed.

What sites are you trying to listen to?

You don't need Oakland P25. Get rid of that.

Last edited:

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Bernard
Unless something changed in a week, i monitor Oakland Pd on southwest site also

Yes, you'll hear units affiliate on ALCO SW when radios affiliate on it. This is usually units in the east end or en route to John George. Units will affiliate with ALCO E when they head out to Santa Rita.

I guess if you guys are monitoring often enough, you should have heard me by now.

stingray327

Yes, you'll hear units affiliate on ALCO SW when radios affiliate on it. This is usually units in the east end or en route to John George. Units will affiliate with ALCO E when they head out to Santa Rita.

I guess if you guys are monitoring often enough, you should have heard me by now.

I removed all of the COCO stuff and left all of the ALCO sites EBRCS for Alameda. I always have received Alameda Co. Fire /Sheriff's it was just Oakland PD that I never got.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
I was getting seemed like all district calls from Oakland some weeks ago. So I guess they are not on SW anymore only when they are in the SW district. Too bad, it was fairly exciting to monitor.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
If Oakland P25 is not used, put a note in the DB or remove it, it's confusing. Also, which channel is the dispatch?
DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
3405 d4d D OaklandPD1 Police Patrol 1 Law Dispatch
3406 d4e D OaklandPD2 Police Patrol 2 Law Dispatch
3407 d4f D OaklandPD3 Police Patrol 3 Law Dispatch
3408 d50 D OaklandPD4 Police Patrol 4 Law Dispatch
3409 d51 D OaklandPD5 Police Patrol 5 Law Dispatch

Channels lack identification of purpose.

Also, what are these for?
3410 d52 D OaklandPD6 Police Service 1 Law Talk
3411 d53 D OaklandPD7 Police Service 2 Law Talk

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
Oakland uses multiple talk groups for dispatch. I think they are using Pat 1-3 sometimes 4. The service channels are when they run plates, people's names check for warrents and so on. Do a search on the forums, somewhere it is listed what dispatch talk group is for what part of the city. They just recently switched to EBRCS. They also use TAC (Tactical on scene) talk groups from 3312 to I believe 3320 or 3330. They are not in the data base yet. I would recommend programming your scanner with all the talk groups so you know what kinds of communications they use them for.

kma371

QRT
If Oakland P25 is not used, put a note in the DB or remove it, it's confusing. Also, which channel is the dispatch?
DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
3405 d4d D OaklandPD1 Police Patrol 1 Law Dispatch
3406 d4e D OaklandPD2 Police Patrol 2 Law Dispatch
3407 d4f D OaklandPD3 Police Patrol 3 Law Dispatch
3408 d50 D OaklandPD4 Police Patrol 4 Law Dispatch
3409 d51 D OaklandPD5 Police Patrol 5 Law Dispatch

Channels lack identification of purpose.

Also, what are these for?
3410 d52 D OaklandPD6 Police Service 1 Law Talk
3411 d53 D OaklandPD7 Police Service 2 Law Talk

It's not confusing. Oakland PD is noted to be using the EBRCS on the Alameda County page. It's been like that for sometime.

I think the confusion comes from your understanding of the system NAME vs the modulation type.

"Oakland P25" refers to the system name. That system is no longer being used by Oakland Police/Fire and channels previously used by Oakland Police /Fire have been marked as deprecated.

stingray327

It's not confusing. Oakland PD is noted to be using the EBRCS on the Alameda County page. It's been like that for sometime.

I think the confusion comes from your understanding of the system NAME vs the modulation type.

"Oakland P25" refers to the system name. That system is no longer being used by Oakland Police/Fire and channels previously used by Oakland Police /Fire have been marked as deprecated.

So this info is in the current Sentinel program and database. Should the "Oakland P25" be removed from the system (outdated) since it hasn't been used and also removed from scanner program?

Status
Not open for further replies.