Pro-652: scanning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead313

Programed the 652 scanner for a person. Was working fine, until one day they turned it off ( that's what they said anyway ). Now it will only scan bank #1, checked the other banks they are still loaded into the scanner. Any idea what button they may have hit, to turn off the other banks.

Thanks.
Joe

Redneck0410

If it was programmed with software, there is an option to turn the banks on and off by default. All they would need to do is turn on the banks they want and overwrite your v-folder.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Hammerhead313

It was done with software. It was working fine for about a week. He said that he turned it off and next day it would only scan first bank, not 2-5. It was said to press function and the number ( like 2 ) to turn it on. Going to have him try that, any other ideas.

Thanks for a replies
Joe.

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
For banks 2-5, do not press function. Just scan and while scanning hit 2 (turns bank 2 back on ). repeat for 3, 4, and 5 up to 10 (which uses zero). for banks 11-20 you would first hit function then 1 for bank 11 and so on.

Hammerhead313

The person has tried pushing the 2 - 5 buttons while scanning. It hasn't made they restart scanning. Asked them again and they cant tell me what they did to it, to make it stop scanning. I guess my next option is to reprogram it.

Joe

Redneck0410

When you do, activate all bands in question, then after you populate the scanner with the list, save it to a V-folder that way if it does happen again, it will save a ton of time and effort on all parties involved.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Hammerhead313

Here is an update, programed the scanner. Worked great for about 1 week, then it started doing the same thing again. Told the person to return the scanner it radio shack, ask for a new one. They were told by someone at radio shack that the problem is they are turning it off to much. That cause's it to reset back to factory settings.

Any one every heard of this problem, I really think they are full of it.

Any ideas.

Joe

Redneck0410

They are full of it. I had mine installed mobile (shutting off 30-40 times daily) and have not had that issue. I would be willing to check out the programming and settings of the scanner and see if anything sticks out at me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.