El Mirage/Surprise area PD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lwolf1313

I have the correct frequencies and talkgroups programmed. I see the dispatch talkgroups on the display but hear no audio. I know it's the dreaded simulcast problem but I thought you could fix that with a directional antenna. For two nights I used a corner reflector and than switched to a 700-800mhz yagi on a telescopic pole that I could turn slightly everytime I saw a talkgroup. Still no audio?? Any more suggestions or would a Motorola handheld fix that problem??? If so which would be the cheapest that is Phase 2 compatible??? Anyone deal with Motorola radios in the west valley that could also program it?? I was doing this with a Radio Shack Pro 668. When living in the far east valley I was able to listen to Gilbert/Mesa/Apache Junction using the corner reflector. Thought I could do the same in the west valley but I guess not.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I use a Uniden BCD325P2 with a Radio Shack 800MHz rubber duck and am pretty happy with the reception. I live in Peoria and monitor that system all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lwolf1313

Uniden BCD325P2 works for El Mirage

You may be located in a so called " sweet spot " for reception.
A friend of mine owed me some cash and offered that same scanner as payment, maybe I'll take it and try that one. On a side note, what do you use for programming that scanner?

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Sometimes ya get lucky, I suppose. I use FreeScan.

KB7MIB

There is at least some anecdotal evidence that the Uniden scanners handle the simulcast issues better than the GRE/Whistler/RS scanners do. I only have a GRE PSR-500, so I haven't been able to do a side-by-side comparison to see which brand and model(s) may be better.
Surprise and Peoria PD's can be monitored off the White Tanks IR site, by the way. El Mirage PD is only on Simulcast G.

John
Peoria

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I do. I'll send you the file as soon as I get a chance. It'll have a lot of stuff in there that you probably don't need, but you can just delete that stuff, or not send it to the radio.

Lwolf1313

El Mirage/Peoria pd's

Just programmed the Uniden BCD325P2 and it receives those two pd's pretty goof. I don;t know what the problem with my Radio Shack Pro 668?? Same freqs/talkgroups/sites and nothing, thanks chuck for that config file.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Happy to help. Glad you got it working. I'll let you know when I get around to updating that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.