BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Dept / Site Display Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
While scanning, normally the department always showed in large letters and the site showed just below it in small letters.

Now all of a sudden the sites show in large letters (the department is not shown at all) and nothing shows below in small letters.

When it stops scanning or is on hold it shows as normal.

Apparently I changed something. I have looked through the scanner and the manuals and can't figure out what I did or how to change it back. I tried holding and un-holding Site but it doesn't seem to matter.

Any assistance is appreciated.

nick223

Feed Provider
Is there different displays modes on the scanner? I know with the Home patrol you can select the different modes to display information

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Display issues

You did not mention the model, but my 396 has three keyboard changeable settings.

marksmith

I think the only thing you change change on the 436 display is Unit ID vs. Service type
Have both 536 and 436. I know you can go to a three line vs two line and this changes letter sizes on the 536..

Forgot what 436 did on display type, but since OP talked about the site in small letters figured it sounded like a 436.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They use the same firmware.

Mark
I know they use the same firmware, I was replying to the posts inquiring which scanner I was referring to, being this IS the BCD436HP forum, not to hard to figure out, no guessing needed.

I can't believe all the 436 owners out there and no one else has seen this before.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I know they use the same firmware, I was replying to the posts inquiring which scanner I was referring to, being this IS the BCD436HP forum, not to hard to figure out, no guessing needed.

I can't believe all the 436 owners out there and no one else has seen this before.

I looked at page 27 in the manual - paying close attention to the "436 only" and "536 only" indicators -- and all it talks about for the 436 is FUNC/9 which toggles Radio ID and Service Type on the display (whippity doo! :p). I can barely see either string on the display anyway....
<rant>I'm still waiting for Uniden to implement a larger text display option for this radio (and they claim they listen to their users)</rant>

However, I am very curious to better understand what you are seeing -- can you post a couple of screenshot/images, etc (or a U-toob video)?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I was referring to, being this IS the BCD436HP forum, not to hard to figure out, no guessing needed.

Actually, this is the Uniden Tech Support forum. There is not a stand alone Bcd436hp forum here on Radio Reference at this time. But in any event, your thread title clearly states BCD436HP. It does seem a few overlooked that in your title prefix.

But like troymail asks, could you post pics and maybe the fav list and let others look it over. It's either something simple or maybe the display is on its way out..

royldean

I did notice that a ton of frequencies in the database update (as of yesterday) have their departments/sites descriptions "dumbed down". I assumed it was just those local channels that were messed with, but maybe it's a database issue?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Actually, this is the Uniden Tech Support forum. There is not a stand alone Bcd436hp forum here on Radio Reference at this time. But in any event, your thread title clearly states BCD436HP. It does seem a few overlooked that in your title prefix.

But like troymail asks, could you post pics and maybe the fav list and let others look it over. It's either something simple or maybe the display is on its way out..
Yes there is, they are sub forums, look at the top of the page.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yes there is, they are sub forums, look at the top of the page.

Trying to help you out, but ok, if you want to dispute that there is a BCD436HP sub forum, then let's look at the top of this page...

See where it says "BCD436HP: Dept / Site Display Changed" ?

That might look like a sub forum, but its only the title of your thread.

There are no Uniden model specific sub forums here....

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

marksmith

If you could post a picture of your display, maybe someone can help you out. Otherwise, based on what is here, it's going to be tough to help you.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.