142.05 on BCT15X in Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgelover93

Hey everyone i was just scanning though the different bands and all the frequency and i found this frequency its on militer nfm band its on my uniden Bct15x trunk tracker 3 .. it 142.0500 it under the militer band .. it sounds like windsor ems .. I herd them say code four and met hospital... and a 60 year old lady fell and had hit her hed .. Can any one tell me what this channel is please thanks...

any help will be thankfull ...

remember im in windsor ontario im using the trunk tracker 3 uniden bct15x anilog radio...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You're hearing what's part of the Zone 1 Fleetnet System.

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Hey everyone i was just scanning though the different bands and all the frequency and i found this frequency its on militer nfm band its on my uniden Bct15x trunk tracker 3 .. it 142.0500 it under the militer band .. it sounds like windsor ems .. I herd them say code four and met hospital... and a 60 year old lady fell and had hit her hed .. Can any one tell me what this channel is please thanks...

any help will be thankfull ...

remember im in windsor ontario im using the trunk tracker 3 uniden bct15x anilog radio...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Using your 15x you can program it to properly trunk the Fleetnet system and listen to the analog talkgroups (Mainly EMS and MTO Maintenance).

dodgelover93

fleetnet

im new to the fleetnet programing .. i dont know how to program the talkgroups..please send video or tell me how to step by step with all the i fo please so i can listen to ems in windsor ontario..thanks...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
We will certainly help you out, but I don't make a habit of spoon feeding someone thru programming their radio... you don't learn anything that way.

A few things to get started.... do you have a programming cable or are you doing it by hand? Are you somewhat familiar with the scanner and it's operation?

Be sure to read this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/207493-programming-your-uniden-396xt-etc-bell-fleetnet.html

as many of the steps will be the same for your scanner. Also keep this page handy as a reference: Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
I used to look around for frequency lists , & sometimes they help , but really lists dont matter as much because you will only be able to pick up what you pick up from your location ,..If you have something specific in mind ,..the database here is pretty good , but just put the radio in search mode in a range your interested in & at a time when you would be monitoring & see what you can actually get from your location,.do this often like every day or night & keep a log ..you will probably get some strong signals fro the auto plants in uhf (fairly boring) some local business ,.etc ..fleetnet has some analog on vhf & there is marine & aircraft of course ,..& you might catch some stuff from detroit too ,..just log whats active & look it up & figure out what it is & how far away it may be ,.then you have a better starting point to know where to look in the database & how far away from your location you can expect to hear

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
it 142.0500 it under the militer band

142.050MHz is not part of the military band in Canada. Up here it's mainly used for public safety communications which includes the Bell Mobility Fleetnet system which uses 142.050MHz. You'll find a lot of different communications on that frequency including Essex EMS.

dodgelover93

frequencie

just wondering on frequencie 142.0500 is that the main essex ems frequencie cause all i moostly hear on 142.050 is code 4's and code 7's and moostly older people that are 50 and older ...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
just wondering on frequencie 142.0500 is that the main essex ems frequencie cause all i moostly hear on 142.050 is code 4's and code 7's and moostly older people that are 50 and older ...
Please go back and re-read this thread again to fully understand what you're hearing (Especially what Forts has provided to you for information). You need to program it in as a whole trunked system to fully listen to the system properly. You won't be able to follow it properly listening to frequencies in a conventional scanning mode.

Perhaps try listening to the EMS VR frequencies which are provided in the database on this website. Atleast when you do hear them if they're in range you will atleast be able to follow the communications alot better in conventional mode that way.

Last edited:

dodgelover93

trunk system

im new to the whole new talk group stuff and ive tride programing in the whole trunked ems systen for essex but had no luck .. i followed instruction i had gotten frim a guy on radiorefference but it wouldnt work it woulnd let me listen to tne talkgroups ..is there a video i can watch ?

mciupa

Database Admin
Your best bet is to reach out to someone who lives close to you and has a programming cable.

If you are trying to read instructions from your computer and do all the programming by button pushes by hand, it will be very difficult and frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.