• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 6000XE CPS Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Hi guys, we have a few APX6000XE 700/800MHz configured by our supplier on our P25 Phase I system.
Now, i also got myself a personnal APX(same model) since we have to leave our radio at the station when we are not working. I want to configue my own radio as a Listen only radio, i have read our service radio, and wanted to do like a clone, but i hear that the radio is gonna affiliate with the system, which could cause some communication lags having 2 radios with the same ID. I haven't find a Checkmark about RX only or Affiliation, its to note that i'm use ti programming MotoTrBO radios, but pretty new in APX, but I love programming and digging it the CPS

Note: I dont want comments like: dont do this its not legal or whatever, my service gave me the right to do it, i have Scanners, but I dont like the sound so i want to use APX as a scanner.

Thanks in advance for you help

SCPD

QRT
Is the system administrator able to program your radio for you and / or give you a unique radio ID so that you can affiliate with a different ID?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
That's unfortunate. It won't be an easy process to do / learn and it's an even harder process to teach.

To start, make sure you have read http://forums.radioreference.com/mo...ou-want-monitor-trunked-system-moto-read.html

To start learning read EVERY page at https://communications.support/threads/118-No-Affiliate-Trunked-Scan-Discussion - yes there is 32 pages (at the time of this post). If you skip one post you may miss out on something critical. People also ask the same questions that have already been answered on there.

The instructions on how to do it are at https://communications.support/threads/2885-No-Affiliate-Trunked-Scan-Instructions (This must be followed exactly). It is against the forum rules to discuss anything about system keys so you will be on your own to research that. I cannot help you in private with that nor can anybody else.

SCPD

QRT
Ignore post #1 on the instructions page and start with post #2 for both 3600 baud and 9600 baud.

SCPD

QRT
That's what you will have to generate to modify the trunking system. That's the hurdle you will have to overcome, and the legality is iffy. You need to create your own trunking system key, or the system admin needs to give you theirs. Easy and not easy at the same time.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks a lot I will read!

But my system does not seems to have a System key.. picture if from one of the fleet radio

The system DOES have a system key. It is held by the system admin. It is a file, with a small amount of data used by the programming software to unlock the trunking parameters of the software. The system key is only used on the programming computer, it is not used, or stored in the radio what so ever.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Long and short of it is. The System admin IF he gives you permission to use the system and use your own radio he should be willing to program it for you or allow the people who handle that take care of it. Just giving you free reign when you seem to know barely the basics is dangerous.

Sorry I know enough system admins to know .. they just don't give you a verbal ok and let you have at it.. something is fishy

N4KVE

Would of been so easy lol.. but the admin said they does not mind me doing it since im part of the service, but wont help/support anything
This is called an "oxymoron". Google it up to see what that means. The system admimistrator says it's OK for you to use your personal radio to monitor the system, but will not help you to do so. You can't have your cake, & eat it too. Either he gives you permission, gives you a separate ID # for your personal radio, & has the shop properly program the radio. Or he doesn't help you, & does not give you permission. This is because should your personal radio cause problems, he can claim he knew nothing, & did not give you permission to use your personal radio on the system. Just like Sgt Shultz in Hogan's Heroes. "I see nothing, I know nothing". I usually don't get involved in what's legal, or not, but this is obvious. He will not help you by issuing you an ID # for your radio means keep it off the system. Sorry to preach, but it's one, or the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.