Control Channels for Lake County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkBradley

Hello,are these the Control Channels accurate for this System,Lake County Public Safety? Did they add any more control channels,change any,cannot seem to pick up anything off of these control channels,been trying for quite a while to get this System to work for me.Any change,PLEASE let me know...THAN YOU so much if there is any changes I am not aware about.Have a great day my friends,Mark,,,KB9GTB

Ed6698

No changes that I know of.

The control channel that works for me is 774.71875 which is the primary CC. I have the others in there, but seems that everything comes in on the one I listed. If anything make this the first one. I don't know how the Uniden works, but there is a setting on my Whistler called Site Options, I have that set to Auto Fill.

MarkBradley

ED6698,thank you for the reply,tried doing that to no help,still nothing. Going to try messing around a little more,then going to call Uniden and see what else I can do. I am about to try a different brand of scanner,as I always bought Uniden,and I still think there is a issue with this unit.I have tried everything possible and all I was told to do. With this Centinel software from Uniden,it is supposed to be easy to program,which it is,but I cannot get anything to come trough from my locals. I can get State Police,but that is a Motorola Type II System,and works,but the Lake County Public Safety Project 25 Phase II TDMA seems to not work on this scanner,don't know,is it me or the scanner. Thanks for the help,going to try a few things,then call Uniden.Have a great day,know any one who wants to purchase a BCD536HP scanner,LOL,soon,,Thanks my friend,Mark

SCPD

QRT
On your 536 make sure you set it as P25 X2 TDMA not on P25 make sure you have the up to date Centinel software from Uniden there was a new update from them a couple of months ago when they added DMR to the 536/436 for Centinel software oh and the 536 has a new sofware update as well

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
X2? That is whacked since X2 is not manufactuerd any longer and is only in use on a couple of systems. Why on earth would Uniden put that as the TDMA set up? Its APCO P25 Phase II TDMA. But there you have it... Uniden at its finest lol. One would think they would have P25P2 or the like.It should be P25 Trunking. X2 is for X2 systems only. If i am reading the Marks Scanners Easier to read manual right. (TY Thats what I thought!)

Last edited by a moderator:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Why on earth would Uniden put that as the TDMA set up?
We wouldn't. The reply you received was incorrect. The correct system type is "P25 Trunk."

SCPD

QRT
We wouldn't. The reply you received was incorrect. The correct system type is "P25 Trunk."

Then why is that a option in the Centinel software

Thought he might try that and see what happens I have had some crazy stuff happen with Uniden Scanners and software updates in the past when things where labeled one thing but was something else also in the Centinel software downloads on older versions the software was all marked out with lines in some of the settings this has happened on different computers with that software

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Then why is that a option in the Centinel software

It is there for P25 X-2 Systems. There are very few of them around, but they do still exist for a bit longer. X-2 was the first experimental usage of TDMA on P25 before APCO settled on the final product we all know and love (Phase II TDMA). It is no longer manufactured by Motorola, and no longer supported. Motorola is pushing to switch those systems over to Phase II.

SCPD

QRT
It is there for P25 X-2 Systems. There are very few of them around, but they do still exist for a bit longer. X-2 was the first experimental usage of TDMA on P25 before APCO settled on the final product we all know and love (Phase II TDMA). It is no longer manufactured by Motorola, and no longer supported. Motorola is pushing to switch those systems over to Phase II.

Sorry should have been more clear was trying to state that he should try that and see I have had weird stuff happen with that scanner and software where things where reversed or errors in the software

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, if you can help the OP with getting his scanner to work on the Lake County system, please chime in. If you have general issues with the Uniden Sentinel software, issues that are not specific to the OP's problem, please take it to the Uniden Tech Support or Uniden Software Discussion forums.

SCPD

QRT
Folks, if you can help the OP with getting his scanner to work on the Lake County system, please chime in. If you have general issues with the Uniden Sentinel software, issues that are not specific to the OP's problem, please take it to the Uniden Tech Support or Uniden Software Discussion forums.

My last post was good for the OP as that could have been the issue but since you feel that way about deleting my post you can go head and delete my account

MarkBradley

On your 536 make sure you set it as P25 X2 TDMA not on P25 make sure you have the up to date Centinel software from Uniden there was a new update from them a couple of months ago when they added DMR to the 536/436 for Centinel software oh and the 536 has a new sofware update as well

Hello,on my 536 how do you go about setting the scanner to P25 X2 TDMA,I am using Centinel Software to load the Lake County Public Safety System into the scanner,I do not see any settings for this,thought it auto sets P25 Phase II TDMA into it?
I have tried everything,can't get any Crown Point,Cedar Lake,Dyer,St. John,a few times I received Hammond and Gary with the PT2 or PT1 on the scanner,but this is it.
I do pick up some Motorola systems,the Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T,some District 13 Lowell,and some Indiana Tollroad,but the digital TDMA,with the Public Service,nothing local.Range is set to 00.0,and all is turned on,but seems that Custom 1 will not set with anything,if I need this for receive?
And all of my control channels are there,and are 700 mHz.
Going to wipe out Centinel,and reload,and format the card,and download the updates,reset scanner to factory,and start all over,and see what may happen,does this sound OK,or sound like I am looking for problems,Thanks goham,Mark,Cedar Lake IN.....

MarkBradley

Ed6698,did I miss something,been trying to reply but my replies did not show up. Can you guide me to what I am missing. I was told to set the system to P25 X2 TDMA,I noticed on Centinel is P25,how do I change it to the P25 X2 TDMA,not sure how to do that,this was told to me by ( goham ). Not sure where and how to change this,can goham help me with this problem,,as I tried to post and ask after his post,but for some reason it did not post on this forum for some reason,unless I did something wrong???? Thank you for letting me know someone is here to help,I will listen and do everything I am ask to do and advised to do to get the scanner to work correct,as I need it as I have a 21 year old daughter who is a Fire Fighter near by cedar Lake in Lake Hills,near St. John.I hope this reply makes it and works,and I will appreciate any help and will listen,do,and learn from all of any help.Thank you,will look in to on how to change the P25 to P25 X2 TDMA on the Lake County Public Safety. Thank you all,and please keep the help coming,I deeply appreciate this,I will work with all of you and hope to get this going,Mark Bradley,,,KB9GTB,,Have a great day,,,,,THANKS

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
No not x2 p25 trucking.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Ed6698

Ed6698,did I miss something,been trying to reply but my replies did not show up. Can you guide me to what I am missing. I was told to set the system to P25 X2 TDMA,I noticed on Centinel is P25,how do I change it to the P25 X2 TDMA,not sure how to do that,this was told to me by ( goham ). Not sure where and how to change this,can goham help me with this problem,,as I tried to post and ask after his post,but for some reason it did not post on this forum for some reason,unless I did something wrong???? Thank you for letting me know someone is here to help,I will listen and do everything I am ask to do and advised to do to get the scanner to work correct,as I need it as I have a 21 year old daughter who is a Fire Fighter near by cedar Lake in Lake Hills,near St. John.I hope this reply makes it and works,and I will appreciate any help and will listen,do,and learn from all of any help.Thank you,will look in to on how to change the P25 to P25 X2 TDMA on the Lake County Public Safety. Thank you all,and please keep the help coming,I deeply appreciate this,I will work with all of you and hope to get this going,Mark Bradley,,,KB9GTB,,Have a great day,,,,,THANKS

Click the link I posted just above in post #14, the link takes you to your other post you made. I would try with this person first before doing anything else, he has a Uniden and says he picks up the Lake County system fine. If you have to many people trying to help you it will probably just cause more confusion then help.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Mark, people have been trying to help you. Most of the advice you've been given is good. Unfortunately, a bit of the advice you got was incorrect.

First off, I believe you have a Uniden BCD536HP scanner. Is that correct? You implied that you had a 536 in the third message of this thread, but those of you who are helping you need to know exactly what you have.

Assuming that you are using Uniden's Sentinel (not Centinel) software to program your scanner, you should make sure that you have updated Sentinel with the latest databases. Those databases are maintained by RadioReference database admins based on their knowledge of the systems and database submissions made by RadioReference users. The databases generally contain the latest information known to the admins. Uniden sweeps through the RadioReference database on a weekly basis and makes it available for download in Sentinel, so you need to make sure you have the most current database. That database then needs to be downloaded to your scanner.

Assuming that the RadioReference database for the Lake County Public Safety system is correct, once you have the current Sentinel data applied to your scanner, you probably won't need to do anything other than select Lake County Public Safety as a Favorite (you do this in Sentinel or in the scanner). The database lists this system as a P25 Phase II. That should already be set up in the data that Sentinel gets in its update. Ignore what you've been told about P25 X2 TDMA as that apparently does not apply to the Lake County system.

In your other thread, you did get an offer to provide assistance from a very helpful person who lives in the Lake County area. That offer can be seen here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/in...lic-safety-sentinel-software.html#post2644617

At this point, I will bow out in deference to those who can provide you more specific instructions. The key point, though, is that you really should make sure you have the most current database for your scanner as a starting point.

MarkBradley

W9BU,thank you so much for the reply,and thanks to all who have been trying to help me out.I have exhausted myself using the ( Sentinel ) software,which is at version 1.07 and ( revision 03 ) assuming this is the latest version on the software.Thank you for sending me to the gentleman who will help me out,I am going to contact him and get the 536 running like a champ,as I am glad I have found someone to help me with the scanner.It is just my wife was getting sick of me complaining all the time about the scanner,but now she is glad I can get some help with getting this puppy up and going,it has been a long 6 months or so messing with this.THANK YOU for everything for EVERYONE,I appreciate all the input,and when I have met the gentleman and get this going,I will post the results to all.may you all have a great day,it is nice to talk to you all,you guys ahve been great and very helpful,talk soon,Mark Bradley,Cedar Lake,IN......KB9GBT,

MarkBradley

Bill,Thank you so much for helping me with the scanner,but I have to let you know,it has been a week,and when I have the time to mess with the scanner,I still cannot pick up Cedar Lake,Crown Point,St. John,Lake Hills,Merriville,Scherriville,any local departments.It has the Control channels,and all the Talk group ID's. I pick up your area,some Hammond,some East Chicago,but nothing in my area??? I think I am going to give up,as I tried everything I can think of. I pick up the State Police in Lowell,but I also pick it up on my Uniden BCD996XT,which tells me it is a Trunking IV system,I believe,as the 996XT is not a Trunk Tracker V. I do not know,I think I may sell this and give up,and try a different brand and see if that may work,just lost and unhappy with the BC536HP performance and receive. Do I need a GPS? To I need the Uniden $60.00 software for DMA,I think that is what it is called???But THANKS Bill,and all,just don't know what to do.Have a great day,enjoy your scanners,not sure what is up with these area Systems and departments I cannot receive.Thanks again all,Mark,

Status
Not open for further replies.