IPM 2016 - International Plowing Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewy

Anyone going to attempt to figure this system out?
Believe it's a moto turbo by looking at the equipment.

gary123

Expect them to be on the Fleet connect system. The Palmerston, Conn and Fergus sites should be very active.

bwjmackie

They must have changed the way they do their radios then. In 2012, we used a small trunking system provided by a company in Ottawa. I wasn't able to figure out how to scan it as a trunking system, but I recall capturing a few frequencies and monitoring them conventionally. (I was the Communications Chair for IPM2012).

It doesn't surprise me that they've made changes. The system we used was rather limited and was not tailored to our expected user groups. Hence we had (for example) the Lifestyles committee and the Food committee both sharing the Tractors talkgroup.

dewy

I know the portables are XPR7550 and they brought their own tower on a trailer.
looks well planned out for sure.

DaveH

Back a decade or so, when the IPM was in Carleton Place, they had a 2-channel 850MHz LTR system, which would not have been heard from Ottawa (it must have been low power and close to the ground).

However during the event I was up at Camp Fortune and scanning about, found the system, logged some TGs, it was fun. Looks like technology has moved along since then.

Dave

dewy

Just need to see if I can find the temporary site info now.
Haven't heard any traffic on conn, Palmerston or fergus sites

Status
Not open for further replies.