Coverage and dropped signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I have a pro 96. Its programmed for all opp ems fire ect. I live in London and work in Ingersoll. I find that in my way to Ingersoll I have zero signal. It has been working fine up until last week. Strong signal all the way. Is there a tower being serviced or down? Even in Ingersoll signal is weak and intermitant at best.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Is the signal bad everywhere or just in that corridor? I've been thru there a lot lately and didn't notice any issues. I can usually still get LFD and the Byron Fleetnet tower in Ingersoll.

stircrazy

Pretty much as I leave London and get to purple hills road the signal is gone. I have 3 portable antennas and a mag mount antenna. I turn my squelch on and got manual. Flip thru the control channels and get nothing. I can get LFD without issue. Opp and ems are gone. And it seems intermittent. Even in Ingersoll it's a dead zone. I've opened another bank with a single control channel on open and nothing. In the morning it's ok for a bit. Then gone.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Huh, that's bizarre. Maybe try the Oxford tower as you get east of London? Not sure why Byron isn't working for you though.... ATT isn't on or something funny like that by chance?

gary123

It might be a bad solder connection at the antenna in the unit. Portable scanners have had this issue in the past.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Pretty much as I leave London and get to purple hills road the signal is gone. I have 3 portable antennas and a mag mount antenna. I turn my squelch on and got manual. Flip thru the control channels and get nothing. I can get LFD without issue. Opp and ems are gone. And it seems intermittent. Even in Ingersoll it's a dead zone. I've opened another bank with a single control channel on open and nothing. In the morning it's ok for a bit. Then gone.

What kind of antennas are you using? Something suitable for Fleetnet? A general antenna ? Or something designed for the 700-800 mgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.