Colchester/QV et al

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Had several submissions on how QV is handling and dispatching several new departments and the such. I am trying to find a good way of incorporating everything and eliminating duplicate information.

Please check the current QV listing and see if that is still accurate or if things need to be changed.

I am also curious if the firegrounds (Red, Blue, etc) are still in use in the area. I know many moons ago it was the next lastest and greatest thing, but seems to fizzle and turned into area interop fire channels and then the VTACs etc came along.

If they are KNOWN NOT to be used in an area, I'd like to have it removed. Seemed to be a more eastern side of the state thing than statewide.

But in any case, if a department has moved to a regional dispatch center, and no longer use channels in the database, I'd like to remove them. If they are still using them, they will stay.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
QV is now dispatching Salem and Salem's UHF, 453.7875 - PL 151.4, now rebroadcasts QV and WW (which is actually irritating as all hell). Fireground Red and Blue are both in use.

kmacinct

PJH Information Submitted...

sefrischling ......
FYI the Salem UHF is cross-patched to various 33MHZ channels - controlled by the dispatch center. QV has been leaving it on 33.80 when there is no active call in the Salem area, thus why you are hearing 'everything' from QV, TN, WW and WA.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
the Salem RPT is nice get to hear lots more stuff

From a good source that Fire ground red and blue is gonna be state wide

sefrischling

PJH Information Submitted...

sefrischling ......
FYI the Salem UHF is cross-patched to various 33MHZ channels - controlled by the dispatch center. QV has been leaving it on 33.80 when there is no active call in the Salem area, thus why you are hearing 'everything' from QV, TN, WW and WA.

I know, and I know many people like it. For me, I just want to hear Salem and Gardner Lake. Their low band doesn't hit Niantic, UHF does, so now to pick up the Salem/Gardner Lake jobs I need to hear everything else. I wish I could tune then all out, but I can't. I don't listen just to listen, nor am I a buff, I listen to gather info and go photograph news.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would set up a scanner with tone out for the departments you want to hear and when the tones open the radio, start monitoring.
If you had an area with 30+ departments to cover for news photos, you would be happy to have only a couple channels to monitor rather that 30+ channels of activity.

chris

sefrischling

CG

The only department I really have an issue with at this time is Salem with the change to it's UHF channel. The majority of my monitoring is done with Motorola XTS 3000, 2500 and Astro Saber radios for UHV, VHF and 800, along with MT1000 and Vertex radios for low band.

For my town, and the three owns immediately surrounding me, excluding Salem/Gardner Lake, I also use Minitor IV pagers.I also have one set up for GFA and the L&M Medics. They work quite well.

MarkB513

453.6125 ??

For a short period of time it was rebroadcasting what sounded like 46.180. Then later it sounded like maybe fire ground. Now it seems it's silent. Anyone have a clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.