Voice volume on P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
I've noticed several times on my own XTS5000 & APX6000 and my 536HP that some audio levels on the city of Columbus and XMARCS on some units seem unusually loud. Lots of times CPD #645 on the XMARCS system, other times ladder 8 on other city channel. I noticed today that Ladder 51 in Licking county while on a fire had extremely loud audio while on the FG for FD45OPS-1

Any ideas???

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed in Ross County that the 2 fire departments with Harris radios have much louder audio than the ones with Motorola radios. That doesn't really answer your question though...

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Some people just talk loud and hold the mike too close to their mouths. Digital doesn't deal as well with these things as analog did.

Law Enforcement, Fire / EMS, and dispatching has some of the best training in the world but they don't teach a little thing like how to use a microphone properly.

grumpy_hermit

Ever been on the scene of a fire? It can be very noisy. Couple that with their head gear and it is a wonder that firefighters can hear anything. They talk loudly to compensate.

mmartinfan

Banned
Ever been on the scene of a fire? It can be very noisy. Couple that with their head gear and it is a wonder that firefighters can hear anything. They talk loudly to compensate.

Yes I've been to lots of fires. Big, small, and everything in-between. Worked with all kinds of alphabet soup groups and other state agencies.

I'm not talking about the pump operator talking to command about raising the pressure.

When a CPD (Columbus) officer talks in his cruiser while driving down the road its blasting people out of the room I'm in. None of the other officers have this issue, he hasn't done anything differently than in the past.

Headsets maybe in a truck but I've heard it while the person was out of the vehicle also.

Maybe a setting inside the Motorola programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.