PSERN Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
When is this system forecast to be completed?

73's

Ron

I believe round about 2019/20, but I'm not 100% sure. I wouldn't be surprised if users started transitioning to the new network before full completion. My guess is Seattle Police/Fire will get on first to see how it works.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
What type of system is this going to be?..I listen online fron SoCal, grew up in Tacoma/Fife

It will be a P-25 Phase 2 system. How much will be encrypted I don't know.

FYI My deepest consoldences to you since I heard that much of Riverside County has gone/is going crypto. I used to like to listen to RSO broadcasts online and the one or two times I went down south with my scanner. I even grew up there. :(

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I believe round about 2019/20, but I'm not 100% sure. I wouldn't be surprised if users started transitioning to the new network before full completion. My guess is Seattle Police/Fire will get on first to see how it works.

You shouldn't make suppositions if you have zero knowledge; it makes hobbyists look like scanner bunnies as opposed to well-informed, knowledgeable folks. Everything in your statement was incorrect. Guesses tend to hurt, not help, others.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
It will be a P-25 Phase 2 system. How much will be encrypted I don't know.

FYI My deepest consoldences to you since I heard that much of Riverside County has gone/is going crypto. I used to like to listen to RSO broadcasts online and the one or two times I went down south with my scanner. I even grew up there. :(

Yes, Murrieta, Riverside and Corona city have now joined the PSEC, pretty much only Fire and CHP can be monitored for public safety now.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Will why don't you fill us in on the correct timeline since you know what you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
No, because I can spell NDA.

I can, however, point Aram towards PSERN and sit back and wait for him to explain why, exactly, he thinks mission-critical users like PD and FD would beta-test a new radio system in a dense urban area when PSERN has a full coverage testing complement?

SCPD

QRT
Lot's "radio service testing,testing" or dispatch who's radio comes up on the console. Unless the radio techs are encrypted. I don't know if it drives the dispatcher nuts. A while ago radio techs were doing the "who's radio or what car has that RID. Drove me nuts so I had to lockout that talkgroup out until they were done. Every radio assigned to each Trooper has alias in the dispatch MCC7500 consoles so they know who is what.

im800mhz

Lot's "radio service testing,testing" or dispatch who's radio comes up on the console. Unless the radio techs are encrypted. I don't know if it drives the dispatcher nuts. A while ago radio techs were doing the "who's radio or what car has that RID. Drove me nuts so I had to lockout that talkgroup out until they were done. Every radio assigned to each Trooper has alias in the dispatch MCC7500 consoles so they know who is what.

For PSERN???

kd7kdc

Banned
NDA what dose that mean? Where is transparency in government? It's our tax money so where does the government get off thinking they don't have to disclose anything to us? It must be great to be one of the in crowd huh Will......

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
NDA what dose that mean?
I'm unsure of the correct dosage for an NDA. Try asking here.
Where is transparency in government? It's our tax money so where does the government get off thinking they don't have to disclose anything to us?
Try looking through the PSERN link above...or maybe their Twitter...or Facebook...or Blog...or Youtube channel...It's gotta be in there somewhere.
It must be great to be one of the in crowd huh Will......
Yes, yes it is. Sure beats minimum-wage concert security.

kd7kdc

Banned
Sorry my phone chose dose over does and I didn't catch it.
Kinda childish of you don't you think to point out grammar as your opening statement.

You know as well as the rest of us that those social media "public relations" accounts are nothing more than that, a political garbage attempt to appease the citizens.
They are like politicians. They can speak for hours at a time and at the end you really don't feel you (the listener) have gained anything by listening to them.

Non Disclosure Agreements and other shady back room deals are part of the reason our country does not trust its government.
What a tool!

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Sorry my phone chose dose over does and I didn't catch it.
Kinda childish of you don't you think to point out grammar as your opening statement.

You know as well as the rest of us that those social media "public relations" accounts are nothing more than that, a political garbage attempt to appease the citizens.
They are like politicians. They can speak for hours at a time and at the end you really don't feel you (the listener) have gained anything by listening to them.

Non Disclosure Agreements and other shady back room deals are part of the reason our country does not trust its government.
What a tool!
I'm sorry if you don't have the ability to discern the difference between a legal contract and "shady back room deals". Google can help, or, if you wish, consult an attorney.

Also, thank you for the personal attack; to wit: calling me a tool. I'm sure I can earn an 'infraction' for taking the abuse.

Best,

Will

kd7kdc

Banned
"Make hobbyists look like scanner bunnies rather than well-informed knowledgeable folks"

Sorry to burst your pretentious bubble Will but most of us are not in you or wiz's position where we are well informed.
We are just citizens with radios.
The government could care less about us hobbyists at best we are just a thorn in their side.

Anyway if your not legally able or willing to share the correct information don't bad mouth our forum posters because they don't know any better.

Regards
Steve

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Apparently you want to continue?
"Make hobbyists look like scanner bunnies rather than well-informed knowledgeable folks"
That was (mostly) directed at a fellow NPSTC member from Texas who uses that phrase but trolls around here frequently.

Sorry to burst your pretentious bubble Will but most of us are not in you or wiz's position where we are well informed.
I'm not sure where I became pretentious, nor why you choose to lump me in with a radio guru who's been retired for quite awhile now...?

We are just citizens with radios.
As am I. I am not, nor have I ever been, or ever want to be, a radio tech of any kind. I wouldn't even want my sister to marry one ;)

The government could care less about us hobbyists at best we are just a thorn in their side.
I'm in no position to speak on that, sorry. I don't make policy.

Anyway if your not legally able or willing to share the correct information don't bad mouth our forum posters because they don't know any better.

I was replying to someone who posted total speculation, with no facts/evidence of any kind, and was completely incorrect on all counts. I even provided a link to the official PSERN website. How Aram chooses to take that is up to him.

Best,

Will

Last edited:

superfreak

Its all out there. Search the King County Council agendas-you can see the progress of leases, updates and presentations. Look at the PSERN website. Go through the different building permit web sites. Go through the King County Solicitations and you will know what is be bid.

Just saying. Do your homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.