DMR Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortician2005

Premium Subscriber
Need some guidance concerning the DMR upgrade. I purchased both the DMR and Pro Voice upgrades back in May of this year. I received code keys for both upgrades. Today when I went to upgrade the scanner I followed the posted instructions and the only upgrade I could find on the scanner is Pro Voice. I am confused as to which direction to go, If anyone can offer some assistance I would be grateful. Thanx.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you are only seeing the PV upgrade option, then you are not running the latest version. Recheck your Sentinel and scanner versions.

mortician2005

Premium Subscriber
Feel like an idiot...finally figured out that I needed to get the current versions, even though my computer was telling me I already had them. Thanks much for your assistance and patience.

xecutioner

What is the difference in the DMR and Pro Voice upgrades from scanner master and uniden? uniden is $50/60 and scannermaster is $75/75. Is it very hard to install yourself? Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What is the difference in the DMR and Pro Voice upgrades from scanner master and uniden? uniden is $50/60 and scannermaster is $75/75. Is it very hard to install yourself? Thanks
The only difference between the two is if you buy direct from Uniden, you get the key needed to activate the update on the scanner. You update the firmware in the scanner via Sentinel, than enter the key in the scanner through the menu & keyboard.

If you are buying the unit from ScannerMaster, the $75.00 includes their buying the key direct from Uniden, with a small service charge to do the firmware upgrades needed, as well as input the key. There is no difference on the operation or capabilities of the upgrade, whether you purchase direct from Uniden yourself and do the upgrade, or have a dealer, such as ScanerMaster do it for you.

As long as you follow the instructions for entering the key exactly, making sure that the key is input correctly, including the dashes ("-") that are part of it, it's not hard. A little time consuming, since the key is entered through the keyboard, and you have to scroll to get to each character then press "Enter", but I would not classify it as difficult. Most of the comments you may find if you search for those that had difficulties were from someone who did not follow the instructions completely.

dallascowboys

DMR UPGRADE

Does anyone know if the DB is finally finished and updated for DMR, I have read some where that sometime in October all should be up and running for DMR.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the DB is finally finished and updated for DMR, I have read some where that sometime in October all should be up and running for DMR.

Thanks
DMR systems are being added as they are submitted, but there a lot of them that have not been fully documented enough to go into the database. So, while the database can now handle the information, it still will take some time to get a large number of systems analyzed and entered.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
DMR upgrade, where to purchase key & instructions for doing the upgrade.

I know this will sound like a dumb question, but where do i go to get the DMR upgrade key and the instructions for doing the upgrade once i have my key. I want to do the upgrade and just need to know what the website is and what i need to do to get this upgrade for DMR on my `436HP. Thanx! N9NRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.