BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiloniner94

I have a BCT15X and while scanning with the stock antenna as well as the new external antenna i put on the roof of my house, the scanner will be picking up fine, crystal clear and in the middle of every transmission it will just drop the transmission, what can I do to fix this?

Blackink

It's possible you have a Priority Scan enabled or maybe Close Call is on?
It's also possible you have something on/enabled that is breaking into your transmissions every certain amount of seconds, that you have configured in the scanners settings, or that are configured by default in the scanners settings.

Have you read/looked through the Easier to Read Manual for the BCT15X scanner?
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

JamesO

Simple test, program a Weather or FM radio station into a memory and see what happens.

Also test and try the dedicated Weather button and see what happens.

Also what does "drop" mean?" Does the scanner resume scanning or stay on the active channel?

wtp

Set Delay Time sets the delay (in seconds) the amount of time the scanner stays on a channel after the transmission has ended before moving to the next channel. A negative delay will force a resume after that number of seconds. This setting applies to all channels in the system. You cannot set the delay on a 'per channel' basis. The default setting is 2 seconds.
Scroll to 'Set Delay Time' and press E/.
Scroll to the desired delay time (-10, -5, -2, 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, or 30 secs.) and press E/ to save and exit.

and delay is NOT hold time, that is how long it stays on the system.

from
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.