Remote Progtsmming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Does Uniden tech support have a remote programming ability at their website where an actual live technician could remotely program and tweak the settings of a customer's BCD536hp?

Sheldon.

se

I actually think that my previous question is a great suggestion for/to Uniden. They could charge $25.00 U.S. per each time a customer needs to use such a feature. It could be setup the same way Symanyec's is.

Cheerio Sheldon.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I actually think that my previous question is a great suggestion for/to Uniden. They could charge $25.00 U.S. per each time a customer needs to use such a feature. It could be setup the same way Symanyec's is.

Cheerio Sheldon.
ScannerMaster a;ready offers that option.
Remote Programming, Firmware Updates, Troubleshooting & Training

But for that to work, whether with ScannerMaster or anyone else, the user still needs to set up their pc for remote control, and have the software and necessary cables to allow someone to take control of their pc & scanner to do the job. Someone who is unable to load software and do their own programming, frankly, is not likely to be computer savvy enough to set up a remote session for anyone else to do it.

JamesO

Actually Scanner Master probably uses something like LogMeIn or TeamViewer to remotely access the users computer and some of these remove access programs are as simple as having the end user go to a specific website and entering an access code provided by the person supporting the end user. It is pretty easy to do, I think even my mother could follow basic instructions.

Someone remotely could download and install Sentinel and make sure the computer can see the scanner. The end user would just need to connect the USB cable and follow the instructions of the support person.

What would be even better if Uniden would have a way for someone to access Sentinel files even from a 3rd party file sharing site. For example, if I thought I had be best scan lists/programming for my location, I could upload my file to share with one or more users. Uniden would need to have an option in the Sentinel servers where a user could possibly have shared scan lists??? Might not be so easy or worth the effort on Unidens part.

I think this is possible with something like FreeScan, Butel or ProScan, but as I recall there is not much 3rd party support for the HP version scanners.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was going to mention LogMeIn. Anybody who can use a browser can use LogMeIn and it would allow a remote party access to programming software.

Status
Not open for further replies.