Morris Co SO broadcasts "this is no drill" attack warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief45414

At about 11 AM on 9/28, an EAS alert was broadcast over the Morris County TX Sheriff's dispatch channel 154.875. The EAS alert, preceded by the EAS SAME tone bursts and warning tones, announced that 16 Chinese nuclear missiles were inbound and would impact within the next 15 minutes. The message described potential strike locations across the USA, and advised anybody within 100 miles of them to take shelter immediately.

The message announced "This is not a drill". I quickly determined this was a hoax after the sky didn't light up.

Upon contacting the Sheriff's Office, the dispatcher said it was an automatic rebroadcast and originated from the federal government and it was sent out on all channels, just like a NOAA weather warning.

Funny I didn't hear it on any of the 16 area channels I monitor. I don't even think anybody on patrol in Morris County called in on the radio to verify the alert. There have been some spurious transmissions on this channel over the past year, probably from an out of band ham radio or repurposed public safety radio, but it has never risen to this level. On the other hand, the dispatcher never said "It wasn't from us", they just said it was a rebroadcast.

There was no media coverage of the incident. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Wow... A modern day Mr. Wells.... Someone will be looking for a new job or seeing an new view with bars.

SCPD

QRT
I have a suspicious feeling no government entity rebroadcasted that and the dispatcher has no clue or is in lala land, or knows but won't publicly say someone is throwing out illegal broadcasts and it is a pending investigation. Note that recently many youtube prankers have been doing similiar however it seems there methods are becoming more illegal and copy cats going to extents to duplicate illegal activity of noaa alerts, quake alerts and so on. So to me I'm leaning toward illegal transmission and that agency is either in Tonto land believing that it's a federal agency or knows it isn't but won't admit illegal broadcasts and is pending a investigation.

mostinterestingman

Premium Subscriber
" I quickly determined this was a hoax after the sky didn't light up" ROTFLMAO! Time for some duck and cover drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.