Fleet Week 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe1970

Premium Subscriber
OK I'll start it off.

I'm recently back to the Bay Area for Fleet Week for the first time in a long time.

Doing a little research I checked the fcc database for the previous license I found in an old thread,
WQYG821, and it looks like we have at least 2 freqs. confirmed for use this year
ULS License - Aeronautical and Fixed License - WQYG821 - San Francisco Fleet Week Association - Frequencies Summary
121.05 - which I found (in forums here) was previously used for Discrete - live cockpit transmissions to the announcer
and
126.4 - which was previously used by the Airboss.

Please list any updates anyone finds. I won't be able to be in the immediate area until Saturday so I can't be much help until then.

Thanks in advance.
Enjoy the show

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Blue Angels

Heard the Blues fly into OAK (runway 28L) this afternoon. They were talking to each other on 284.25, a frequency that they had used last year as well.

Tahoe1970

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Pull on the threads. Most of the changes are evolution and not revolution. ;)

http://forums.radioreference.com/sa...n/321681-fleet-week-san-francisco-2015-a.html

See how far you can go back. Most years' show thread point back to last year.

Thanks for the info. That's where I started, including going back farther and finding the old post with the license info.
Since there is a thread seemingly every year, I thought I would start this year's thread for updates etc. and any new observations. I also did several google and other searches to confirm info and looked through the RRef Database as well.

There are also some air show participants that have not been mentioned in the past (or at least not for several years), so any info on them would be great additions for everyone.

Here's some additions I have from my own files or that I have found while searching:
RCAF is listed as an air act but it doesn't specifically name the Snowbirds. If it is the Snowbirds, we can start with 272.1 and 116.0 which they apparently changed to a couple of years ago. If it's not the Snowbirds then I'm not sure where to start.

In an old MilAir Spreadsheet I have, I also have 4 channels listed as "Raptor Ops"

There is an F-22 listed for this year's show but since I have never confirmed these frequencies, I didn't originally include them. It's more likely that they would be on their squadron's A-A freqs if there is more than one or simply on the airboss and local TRACON and Tower Freqs if it is solo.

Since the Blue Angeles have already been reported to be at OAK (they have been at SFO in the past as well), the OAK tower and relevant TRACON channels are worth programming.

Last edited by a moderator:

kma371

QRT
Hey everyone. I'd like to keep this thread relevant to the CURRENT active frequencies for this years event rather than a re-hash of past logs or information from other sources. This way , in future years , people looking back on this thread don't mistake lists of known frequencies with those of actual use during the event.

We can also certainly search for the old threads which have several listings rather than re-post here.

I just think it makes more sense.

On that note, is there anyone planning on watching the practices Friday for the BAs to gather some frequencies? I might be in the general area, but def won't be going to the city as it's too crowded for me.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
There is an F-22 listed for this year's show but since I have never confirmed these frequencies, I didn't originally include them. It's more likely that they would be on their squadron's A-A freqs if there is more than one or simply on the airboss and local TRACON and Tower Freqs if it is solo.

My best guess for the F-22 Demo would be

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I'll probably scope out a spot on Treasure Island on Friday. Note that there is a warning not to go due to the construction. I'm guessing that practice crowds on TI will be pretty light, and the construction won't be a factor...

dodja

During today's practice (Thursday), these were active:
251.60 - Angels Air-to-Air (?)
275.35 - Diamond (?)

"Mooooooore powwwwaaaah"

officer_415

Database Admin
FYI, the Blue Angels used the following frequencies at the Capital Airshow last weekend:

251.600 BA Preflight***
237.800 BA Solos***
275.350 BA Diamond***

*** in use during the Blue Angels survey flight today

sholt

It'll never be the same as your own radio, but I noticed that this year there is a "listen now" link on the airshow website. It's not yet live so I'm not sure if it will be announcer only or a mix of announcer and A2A. Either way, I thought I'd share: Fleet Week SF Air Show

officer_415

Database Admin
Blue Angels frequencies are also the same as last year:

275.350 Diamond
237.800 Solos
251.600 Show Box

dodja

In addition to mlangeveld's channels, also confirmed Friday:
376.0250 F-22 Raptor
136.9500 Breitling Jet Team (in French!)
121.0500 Discrete (Lucas biplane was on here I think)
333.3000 Parade of Ships, Navy jump team, coast guard (very busy early in show)

Thanks to everyone for sharing. It's been fun to follow the over the air transmissions this year!

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations!

It is always fun to be the first ones to post for others.

I can concur with everything posted so far. My only additions:

345.0 USCG Air to Air (used during USCG demo)
166.1875/$293 CG 124 (80% encrypted / 20% in the clear)

I have a request, could folks listen to 432.735/CSQ? I got it from an old Bayscan post. It came from someone supposedly worked in a radio shop that programmed radios for the USCG. The frequency is in HAM band, but users do not pass call signs.

When I was listening yesterday, there was talk about cleaning anchors. My current best guess is that it is used on Treasure Island, or Maritime Museum.

Oh, and a warning to those of who want to go to Treasure Island. Don't go unless you get there early.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...b760b51b3d84de!8m2!3d37.8235515!4d-122.370648

...the big lawn area along Avenue of the Americas has been closed to be used as a construction staging area. So there is about 1/10 the area to park and watch. No porta potties as in years past. So don't know if you can get into one of the buildings to use the restroom.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
active today during show

And if you have Facebook, ABC 7 is streaming the show on Facebook Live.

KRON 4 is also streaming on their website, included live footage from inside cockpit during show was was pretty cool.

officer_415

Database Admin
Patriots were on 127.300 as usual.

USCG frequencies active today:

166.1875 - CG 124 (encryption used)
412.9750 - CG 409 (encryption used)

157.050 - AUXCOM (Marine 21A)
157.150 - PATCOM (Marine 23A)
157.075 - DIVCOM A (Marine 81A)
157.175 - DIVCOM B (Marine 83A)

ridgescan

I just wanted to thank the contributors in this thread especially mlangeveld and KMA371 for the consistent frequency help for us all to be able to enjoy the show more. It is appreciated!

ecv3

I also would like to thank everyone. Using my scanner for fleetweek for the first time put a new aspect to the air show.
But my scanner does not get 225 to 400 MHz. Any advice on what kind of scanner to aim for next year?

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.