Dick Harris Passes Away (1929-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate you sharing the news. So sorry to hear of this -- my condolences to his family and friends. Dick was a regular here on the forums, as well as being plenty busy elsewhere. He will absolutely be missed!

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sad to hear, he will be missed.
My condolences to his friends and family.
-Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Wow, that is very sad to hear indeed. I had no idea he was 86. I first chatted online with Dick back on the Strong Signals forums nearly 20 years ago. I will miss him. He was a very prolific poster here at RR and he knew his stuff. RIP my friend.

KC7VH

This is very sad. I met Dick at the Old Belmont Firehouse a few years ago when I donated an old Portland Fire yearbook and we exchanged a few messages back and forth about fire radio systems. He will be missed.

KE7JFF

Wow, I didn't know he was an true old timer...I knew he was up there in years but over the hill of 80 plus!
Sad to hear...I know I have butted heads with him a few times, but he was a good guy.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
I met Dick back in the early 90's, he had put together a scanner frequency guide. He had a love for the fire service and loved photography. The frequency guide was for the Portland Tri-county area and included fire stations, apparatus, maps. I believe he was also a former fire dispatcher from the Boston MA area prior to moving to Oregon.

GrumpyGuard

I have had a few conversations with Dick over the years on this forum, but reading his obituary and looking at the pictures proves that those with a heart for public service never retire. This man gave as much of himself during retirement as he did while working. R.I.P. Mr. Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.