City of Columbus Street Maintenance/ Snow Plows

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPL226

Hey everyone,

I am having some difficulty locating these frequencies, I have a Uniden Home Patrol 1 and can't seem to pick any of these channels up. Does anyone know what these frequencies are and what's the best equipment to use.

Thanks!!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hey everyone,

I am having some difficulty locating these frequencies, I have a Uniden Home Patrol 1 and can't seem to pick any of these channels up. Does anyone know what these frequencies are and what's the best equipment to use.

They use the Columbus City tower (Site 10) of Ohio MARCS-IP. Frequencies and talkgroups (if known) are here:

Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

If they're not in the database you'll have to put your radio in ID Search mode and start logging what you hear to find the correct talkgroups, and then submit them for inclusion in the database.

JPL226

I'm not sure how to input this on the Home Patrol 1, Any suggestions? I have listened and listened to the Ohio MARCS IP, Seems to never come up.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not sure how to input this on the Home Patrol 1, Any suggestions? I have listened and listened to the Ohio MARCS IP, Seems to never come up.

Here are two ways...

On the radio:
1) hold on the System. In this case, Ohio MARCS-IP
2) select the < arrow on the System line
3) select the second option (Advanced)
4) select the first entry (Edit Current System)
5) select the second entry (Edit System Options)
6) tap the first and only entry (ID Search: ) until it reads 'On'

In Sentinel (assuming in a favorites list):
1) right click on the favorites list containing MARCS-IP
2) select 'Program Favorites List'
3) On the Systems tab, change the ID:Search column for the MARCS-IP system to On

Hope that helps!

JPL226

Hi guys, I have tried doing all the steps above and still can't seem to fine the city of columbus stree maintenance channels, I have found everything else like refuse, electric, water and parks and rec. if anyone has any info where to find these channels I would greatly appreciate it.

JPL226

Any updates on finding these frequencies,
I am still having difficulty locating them.

Thanks!!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
If you are using full database on hp1 you need to make sure the different service types turn on.

JPL226

Ok what service type is it under in the database, Also what is the most recent software update version that should be on my HP-1

Thanks

phask

Premium Subscriber
Ok what service type is it under in the database, Also what is the most recent software update version that should be on my HP-1

Thanks

Probably Public Works.

Software update? Do you mean Database update date? If so it will always be the previous Sunday or Monday (baring any issues). It updates weekly. If you are using the entire db and in Columbus - you should be updating at least every few weeks to get all the new additions.

If you mean Firmware - just use Sentinel and see if one is available.

JPL226

Ok I did the database update and looked all through the different channels and for some reason there are not showing in under columbus Public Works. Is there something else I'm missing?? Can I manual program into Home Patrol 1

Thanks

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They show in my HP2 and 436. Make sure you have Public Works Service Types enabled.

You can (and should) create Favorite Lists for what you want to listen to it makes it easier.

57088 EC MNT1 Columbus Engineering and Construction - 25th Ave yard
57114 EC MNT4 Columbus Engineering and Construction - North Yard yard
57127 EC MNT2 Columbus Engineering and Construction - Roberts Road yard
57194 EC MNT3 Columbus Engineering and Construction - Marion yard

JPL226

I thought I updated it correctly, maybe I've missed a step could you possibly help me

JPL226

Hello All,

Any help with updating my HP-1 or do I need to get upgraded equipment?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.