Baltimore city FD 154.145

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

Loud buzzing sound like maybe power supply filtering has gone bad. Has this been going on for a while? First time back in the area in 2+ years. I'm waiting to get loaded near Curtis Bay near Ft. Smallwood Rd.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Someone said it was a phone line issue a while back.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Someone said it was a phone line issue a while back.

That's been going on intermittently for years. I was forced to lock it out of the RR feed I provide. It even defeats the CTCSS squelch on my PRO-106.

ocguard

That's been going on intermittently for years. I was forced to lock it out of the RR feed I provide. It even defeats the CTCSS squelch on my PRO-106.

Do you have it set to NFM? It does mute on our base station but usually with a half-second delay. Before they upgraded our base stations to NFM, it would sometimes override the CTCSS.

Also, I'm told it's co-channel from channel 2 (154.4075mhz) on Cecil County's EDACS, which would explain its intermittency as the CC rotates.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I actually thought it was a problem with the PRO-2053 I use for the Broadcastify feed, but it turned out to be a problem with the PRO-106 as well. The PRO-2053 doesn't have CTCSS filtering anyway, so I just blamed it on intermod or selectivity at the time. Pretty sure I'm not picking up Cecil County txmissions, and if someone had a way around it and could host a feed I have no problem passing the torch...

Do you have it set to NFM? It does mute on our base station but usually with a half-second delay. Before they upgraded our base stations to NFM, it would sometimes override the CTCSS.

Also, I'm told it's co-channel from channel 2 (154.4075mhz) on Cecil County's EDACS, which would explain its intermittency as the CC rotates.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
If I'm picking up Cecil's EDACS in mid-town Baltimore with a handheld with a rubber ducky antenna, they must be cooking birds in mid-flight at their transmit site.

Changed it to NFM on the PRO-106, no go. Unfortunately, the old 2053 I use to supply the Fire/EMS feed doesn't even have NFM capability anyway.

troymail

Silent Key
If I'm picking up Cecil's EDACS in mid-town Baltimore with a handheld with a rubber ducky antenna, they must be cooking birds in mid-flight at their transmit site.

Changed it to NFM on the PRO-106, no go. Unfortunately, the old 2053 I use to supply the Fire/EMS feed doesn't even have NFM capability anyway.

I've picked up Cecil's EDACS system on Route 97 in Millersville (south of Baltimore) using a mag mounted RS 800 duck on the roof of my truck.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
These are using a USB RTL-SDR with a discone, about 40 feet AGL. One is with 0db gain, the other is about 20db gain. I just went to 154.4075, and had to crank the gain past 20db to even recognize that it was a EDACS transmission. The pictured signal is 80ish khz wide, by the way.

Attachments

• 0db.jpg
    0db.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20db.jpg
    20db.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

ocguard

I misread, thought the trouble frequency was the dispatch channel 154.415, which is closely adjacent to the Cecil freq, and does regularly bleed through our radios when the mic is off-hook (PL disabled).

I'll set our base station to .145 later this week and see if I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.