BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Locked out systems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so this is ignorance on my part, and its happened with my BCT 15X as well so hopefully a slap on the wrist and a stern "nice going dumb***", is all this'll take to fix this issue. So here is the annoying story...

I have a system programmed with multiple groups. While in a group, I turned off various groups in that system (system #99, groups 1-5). While in system #99, I turned off all the groups(1-5), and I'm greeted with "Nothing to Scan". Now whenever I try to select the system, it gives my the curt "I cant access/comply with your command, please try again" annoying beeps. I cant access the system, neither can I turn on the groups in that system.

Stupid mistake I know, but its really bugging me that I cant fix it. Last time this happened, I factory reset the BCT15X (I had to update the systems anyways so it wasn't a real loss).

captclint

Mentor
You have to have at least one group in a conventional system with at least one frequency in order to scan. Go back and unlock something in system 99 or another system. I reread you msg where you say you can not access the system. You should be able to access the same way you did to lock them out.This may help

o Unlock All Channels in a Conventional System in Scan Mode press Hold to hold on any channel in the system.
Press and hold L/O until 'All Unlocked' appears.
Press Hold or Scan/Srch to resume scanning. Note: This will also enable all your groups (turn the quick keys on).

To Edit Channel Options press MENU. At 'Program System' press E/.
At 'Select System' scroll to the system where the channel is and press E/.
Scroll to 'Edit Group' and press E/.
Scroll to the Group that has the channel you want to edit and press E/.
Scroll to 'Edit Channel' press E/.
Scroll to 'Set Lockout' and press E/.
Scroll to 'Unlocked', 'Temporary L/O', or 'Lockout' and press E/.
Press Scan/Srch or L/O to exit.

Last edited:

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Thats exactly my dilemma, I don't know how to get back into the system to unlock a group so I can scan it. Every time I push the quick key to get back into the system, it denies me.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I tried your suggestion, but I don't think it applies to me exactly. But shortcuts like that are always nice to read and try out :) thanks for providing.

The System, #99, has 5 groups under it. When scanning a conventional system, pressing the function knob and then the Group quick key enables or disables that Group within the System. I disabled all the Groups under that System, and now I cant turn them back on because I cant access the System anymore. Every time I push the quick keys to access System #99, it gives me the "denial/canceled" tone.

I disabled all other Systems just so I work with System #99 specifically. But with all other Systems disabled, it displays "Nothing to Scan", as it should....since I disabled Systems lol. I try to enable the System #99, but it doesn't let me since all the Groups under it are disabled.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
press the function knob, turn the function knob until system 99 comes up on the display, then clear the lockout by pushing the lockout button.

all should be good from there.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Sorry @ka3aaa, that isn't my issue. The group isn't locked out, its disabled and i cant get it back. Please read my above post.

rbm

You can prevent that problem from ever occurring again by adding a 'junk' group to each of your systems. (Conventional OR Trunked)

I have hundreds of system files and each has a group that can NEVER be disabled/locked out. That way you can always access that system to toggle the other groups on or off.

Rich

Example:

Last edited:

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Cool trick Rich, one that I might implement. But in all honesty, I would think that there would be a way to get Systems back once all the Groups where disabled. I'm sure there is, but I haven't found out how yet. IMO, it should be as easy as punching in the quick key, and the System would display but not scan because there aren't any Groups or Frequencies to listen to. I find it weird that someone can literally lose a System by simply disabling all the Groups in it :S Weird. I hope I'm wrong in this.

Sorry i couldn't hang around for a more solid fix for this, hurricane Matthew isn't gonna wait for me to fix technical issues :p Hope my roof antenna rides the winds ..will watch it closely.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Here is what would have worked:

1) Press F, then scroll to system #99.
2) While "F" is still active, enter one of the GQK's to enable it.

elfaure

Here is what would have worked:

1) Press F, then scroll to system #99.
2) While "F" is still active, enter one of the GQK's to enable it.

Upman: Better I think would be for you to long press the F so it latches (Hold function key), then you dont have to hurry when entering the GQK and possibly loose the F indicator while doing so and have to repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.