155.6850 In Racine County Interference..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Greetings All,

For some reason there is a loud-continous tone on 155.6850 in Racine County. This is the Mt Pleasant/Caledonia/Sturtevant PD's dispatch and for the last few days there has a been a loud tone (Sounds like a FD Paging tone stuck). I Thought it was just my radio, but i seem to occasionally hear it on the Racine County Police feed.

Anyone know whats going on?

Tim

otrebla

Sheboygan County is doing some kind of paging test on that frequency.

Tim

That is probably what I am hearing. RCSO is still using 155.6850 and they don't seem to notice anything wrong. I have been picking up VHF from Sheboygan/Manitowoc County for while now down here.

Tim

otrebla

It appears the test has been completed. I am now hearing someone using the frequency with a PL of 114.8.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Because of that and some major static issues, they shut down that channel for 2 days. All MCS cars used Sheriff channel 2 as their primary channel. They switched back to the MCS channel today after the radio dept fixed it. That loud tone used to happen alot on the West end fire dept channel for racine county aswell, which resulted them resetting the channel and doing lots of radio maintenance.

otrebla

It appears the testing will continue until 12-22-16.
Temporary callsign WQYG898

Status
Not open for further replies.