uniden bcd996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

offduty1986

Hello all, i have bought a uniden bcd996p2. i have it working mostly, my question is. If im scanning a phase 2 or phase one it works fine, but if scanning all together it never picks up phase 1? I looked over everything but cant find the problem. Any help or ideas?

kmi8dy

everyone will be asking these questions down the road, so lets get them out of the way. is your scanner up to date? how are you programming your scanner, by hand ? or by the computer ? if computer, what program are you using ? are you programming all of burlington county or just the wrightstown area ?

Last edited:

offduty1986

Uniden bcd996p2

Hello, Im using my computer to program using arc xt software, using inputs from radio reference. The only area from my town that im trying to hear is p7 which is phase 1. The other stuff im listening too is all phase 2. Thanks for your reply and help.

kmi8dy

offduty1986, is the scanner up to date ?---- i do not use arc xt i use freescan. you could have saved yourself $ 50.00 give or take. freescan is free to use forever, no charge at all, and pretty simple to use i've been useing it for several years now and can program in my sleep, well almost. well lets hope someone chimes in and can help you with the arc xt. sorry.

Last edited:

offduty1986

Uniden bcd996p2

Yes the scanner is up to date, i use arc xt because i had a hard time using freescan as i dont know under phase 2 that well. (no frequencies) if you could help me understand freescan that would be great. Thanks for all the help.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
^--- Pretty pointless reply, apparently aimed at downing ARC, for whatever reason. Has absolutely nothing to do with his issues he is describing.

Gommert makes an excellent product.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes the scanner is up to date, i use arc xt because i had a hard time using freescan as i dont know under phase 2 that well. (no frequencies) if you could help me understand freescan that would be great. Thanks for all the help.

Before you can effectively use software - be it ARC-XT or FreeScan- you need to understand several concepts. Let's start by introducing this article, which has many links to help you do just that - along with the Easier to Read manuals, which are linked at the bottom of...(links are always blue)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Now as to FreeScan, its user guide is stored in our wiki (link below), or you can get to it from within FS by hitting Help / Online Help

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

There are several articles there that are worth reading, especially the one that says 'FreeScan and Quick Key Processing'. Utilizing Quick Keys properly is vital to getting things to scan when you want them to...and there are 2 YouTube videos linked at the bottom..;.Mike

elfaure

There is another post here about the same thing with the same scanner not being able to scan multiple trunked systems simultaneoulsy. Then theres a slew of people saying it does it no problem and its a programming issue. Not sure what you both are doing wrong though?

bigcam406

apparently this was a common problem with the 325 and the 996p2s when they were first released.i think there was a firmware update for this if im not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.