Livingston

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
A question or two if I may:

Is EMS also on 154.755?
Wednesday night (morning) @ 2:30am PD was looking for a car that ran off the road into woods, the dispatcher had back seat passenger on line saying where he was and driver was unconscious. They were waiting for a helicopter. I fell asleep. Google found nothing. Anyone know what happened? Thanks.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I heard it as well. Turned out to be a disoriented party from out of town. They contacted the agency from where the call was made and the party was at the address. Helicopter was cancelled. I was scanning and came upon that call, and held on it. I believe everything PD/FD/EMS is all on that frequency. Don't know how that works out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

slingshot202

Feed Provider
All units PD/EMS/Fire are on one channel, maybe one of like four towns in the state to operate this way. It's all good until there are multiple emergencies. The FD has a simplex FG they use during W/F's.

As for the incident the other night my understanding was the helo was dispatched (or requested) to assist with the search, it was not for transport at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech792

Livingston always operated with all services sharing the same channel since the 70's that I know of. Back in the day, all those towns shared 159.15 including East Hanover, Roseland, Essex Fells and the Caldwells. If I remember correctly, West Essex FAS also was toned out on this channel.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Well I don't exactly Go back that far, but when I got involved in EMS the FD was on another channel then than EMS. Then when they went to the repeater in the mid 90's they all came together.

The town is bigger and bigger and they really should consider separating police from fire and EMS.

CJ

mondaro

Feed Provider
Still trying to figure out Livingston needs two then one, I know its for EMS but if I was dispatched that way it would piss me off to no end.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
154.815 could be bleed over.

RX is 154.755 PL 179.9
TX is 155.850 PL 179.9

CJ

slingshot202

Feed Provider
They operate on 159.150 OK of 179.9, however it is simplex, NO repeater.

Thanks,
C.J
Sent from the Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

rpurchases10

| MEMBER |
Premium Subscriber
Wow.. To remember all of that --> You (AND I) must be REALLY OLD ! LOL

Some other interesting facts from the 70's and 80's:

That same group of municipalities also shared a common fire frequency, aka: "Fire Band" (158.940 Mhz / Simplex / CSQ).

(ALSO SHARED BY: Most of the DPW's in each of the towns... making it easy for town employees who were also FD volunteers to hear their respective departments get paged. BUT-- essentially shut down DPW/Water Dept. operations during the duration of a fire. Talk about freq. coordination ! <GRIN>)

For some odd reason, Livingston FAS (closely related to and involved w/ the FD) was toned out on the "Police Band" previously referenced here. (159.150 Mhz / Simplex / CSQ) I still remember hearing "Livingston Needs XX First Aiders" Where "XX" stood for the number of squad members required for a call.

----------------

The Following also used the "Police Band" for voice communications:

Livingston FAS (paging / voice)

Roseland FAS (in the early years were "in-house" and got calls via a "ringdown phone circuit" and/or via voice on the "police band" - they moved to 155.295 Mhz / Simplex / PL 179.9 or 173.8 ? for a few years - then moved back w/PD, I believe..?)

West Essex (as mentioned) (paging & voice)

Technology sure has moved along over the years !

:)

Livingston always operated with all services sharing the same channel since the 70's that I know of. Back in the day, all those towns shared 159.15 including East Hanover, Roseland, Essex Fells and the Caldwells. If I remember correctly, West Essex FAS also was toned out on this channel.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Wow.. To remember all of that --> You (AND I) must be REALLY OLD ! LOL

Some other interesting facts from the 70's and 80's:

That same group of municipalities also shared a common fire frequency, aka: "Fire Band" (158.940 Mhz / Simplex / CSQ).

(ALSO SHARED BY: Most of the DPW's in each of the towns... making it easy for town employees who were also FD volunteers to hear their respective departments get paged. BUT-- essentially shut down DPW/Water Dept. operations during the duration of a fire. Talk about freq. coordination ! <GRIN>)

For some odd reason, Livingston FAS (closely related to and involved w/ the FD) was toned out on the "Police Band" previously referenced here. (159.150 Mhz / Simplex / CSQ) I still remember hearing "Livingston Needs XX First Aiders" Where "XX" stood for the number of squad members required for a call.

----------------

The Following also used the "Police Band" for voice communications:

Livingston FAS (paging / voice)

Roseland FAS (in the early years were "in-house" and got calls via a "ringdown phone circuit" and/or via voice on the "police band" - they moved to 155.295 Mhz / Simplex / PL 179.9 or 173.8 ? for a few years - then moved back w/PD, I believe..?)

West Essex (as mentioned) (paging & voice)

Technology sure has moved along over the years !

:)
It is crazy that Police, Fire, and EMS now operate on the same Repeater band and when I say crazy it no longer works. The PD is to busy when there is a fire. Hopefully they will fix this before someone gets hurt.

The simplex is good for FG Channel but not for incoming units.

Ironically I had recently found Roseland DPW operates on a UHF Duplex channel and now seems to have better comm than the Roseland Fire Dept.

Roseland squad is still paged on 158.940 PL 141.3 but answers PD and responds on Police Chan. (FD too, with no switch up or repeater).

The Caldwells (West & regular) have same dispatch channel but use a repeater channel for fire ops.

Thanks,
C.J
Sent from the Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.