• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX7000 and Type II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps someone here can answer this...Gary, Elroy?

Okay, so I know it supposedly can be done, but when I go to select a Trunk system to change it from ASTRO 25 to Type II, I do not get a Type II option. I do have SMARTZONE and OmniLink enabled in the Flashcode. When I use a flashcode with ASTRO 25 removed, the Type II shows up just fine.

What am I missing? I'm new to the APX series but not programming RX ONLY Trunking...

Regards,

-Frank C.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps someone here can answer this...Gary, Elroy?

Okay, so I know it supposedly can be done, but when I go to select a Trunk system to change it from ASTRO 25 to Type II, I do not get a Type II option. I do have SMARTZONE and OmniLink enabled in the Flashcode. When I use a flashcode with ASTRO 25 removed, the Type II shows up just fine.

What am I missing? I'm new to the APX series but not programming RX ONLY Trunking...

Regards,

-Frank C.

There are 2 suggestions... #1, did you change the System ID? Because an Astro-25 ID is different format than a Type-II System ID. #2, another issue might be a System Key, it might not let you change it unless you have a System Key loaded for the appropriate System ID...

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
You're not actually doing something so outright stupid as to be implying that you are using illegal and unauthorized software tools to change your radio's flashcode on an open forum, are you?

Did I actually read that right?

Do you know what the term "heatscore" means?

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
You're not actually doing something so outright stupid as to be implying that you are using illegal and unauthorized software tools to change your radio's flashcode on an open forum, are you?

Did I actually read that right?

Do you know what the term "heatscore" means?

Not implying or saying that at all. I have a friend in a shop who takes care of me. :)

Regards,

-Frank C.

N4KVE

Many people have friends with shops that "take care of them". This way their hands are clean, & they get necessary changes w/o having to wait weeks, or being told that radio is no longer supported. As long as that "guy with a shop" knows what he's doing, & has an Aeroflex 3920 to make sure the radio is in spec after the "transformation", what's the big deal?

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
But those tools were never released outside of Motorola's own factory engineering and service depots. If you have them, you did NOT obtain them legally and don't pretend you did.

It is far better not to speak of such things in an open forum.

This is an attempt to politely suggest what is really difficult to suggest politely, which is to put a sock in it.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Some people who work, or have worked, for Motorola, are radio hobbyists just like we are, and
have bent or broken rules to get this stuff to a friend....who gives it to another friend. Etc...

But it's still neither permitted by Motorola company policy or the law.

N4KVE

OK, because I did have a few friends who worked at Plantation who told me their computers had no connection to the internet for this exact reason.

SCPD

QRT
Removable USB / Media Discs don't need an Internet connection.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

N4KVE

USB sticks didn't exist when my friend worked there. They had to pass security every day when they went home after work. All purses, & briefcases were inspected. But I guess today, USB sticks can be hidden where the sun don't shine. LOL.

SCPD

QRT
Take the new Edward Snowden movie for an example of how NSA had their docs leaked even with screening.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Some of the software that got leaked was leaked at the HIGHEST levels, as in, possibly by members of the development team that wrote it! Otherwise how would it have gotten out with its built in password protection feature already bypassed?

Status
Not open for further replies.