• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550 cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I am curious about something. I know with cloning a radio it has to be the same model radio as the radio being cloned, however, is there a way to clone or somehow copy the codeplug systems and info from an XPR7550 into an XPR6550? I don't see an Import/Export option like ASTRO-25 CPS or MTS2000 CPS has... Thanks!

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Difference being, unlike the Astro 25 CPS where you open two instances of the the CPS and D-D between them, you open both TRBO codeplugs in the same CPS session and do the D-D.

Larry

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Okay, that answers one question. Now it creates another: because I would be dragging codeplug & system info from 1 model radio & dropping it into the codeplug for a different model radio, would I get a error for trying to write another model radio's info? Or would the drag & drop automatically adjust the system info to format the radio I am writing? I hope I didn't confuse anyone, LOL!

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
If anything is not compatible, you'll get a warning that anything different will be set to default values but it'll still allow you to. Obviously, best to check everything once you're done to see if any values you didn't want to be defaulted are OK or if they need to be edited. Most parameters can be copied over with a big exception being Receive Group Lists. You'll have to recreate those.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Alright I will give it a whirl. Thank you to Gary (N4KVE/MoonBoots) and the rest of you for your prompt quick replies! It's much appreciated!! DMR is a whole new wasteland for me, I can to ASTRO-25 stuff in my sleep but this DMR is tricky, especially Connect+ and Capacity+ stuff...

N1GTL

Database Admin
CUT and PASTE works GREAT with MotoTRBO. It works between mobiles, portables, models numbers, etc. I wish ASTRO and APX worked as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.