Uniden bc760xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greetings.
I have been looking at a Uniden BC760XLT being sold locally, asking $50. It comes with what appears to be a dual-band antenna and a 12-volt lighter plug. Cosmetically, it's nice, and the owner claims it's in excellent condition.
I monitor about 8 LE frequencies operating on FMN with various H/Ts. I know the 760XLT is a mobile unit, but I would use it as a dedicated base station to monitor those channels. The antenna should be more than adequate, as I can receive decent signals indoors with a rubber duck. I have a 12-volt plug-in power supply, so that is not a problem.
I would welcome comments from those familiar with this rig regarding its performance and reliability. Also, would you consider the price to be fair for what is described?
Best regards,
KE0

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I owned one or two of these back in the day and still have one of the Radio Shack version. Generally, a good, simple scanner... no trunking, no digital, no fire tone out or other advanced features. CTCSS receive is only available with a (now) hard-to-find add-on board. Make sure that the display still lights up. Otherwise, very hard to see!

Here is an old review that I found on-line. It may help you with your decision.

Modifications for the Uniden BC-760XLT

John AC4JK

dkf435

Have a BC-760XLT with an AIE TCF-4 CTCSS/DCS tone code display and squelch unit that would allow 10 different tones per channel. Way ahead of its time in 1995.

David

whisper16

Bc760xlt

I own three of these. My original one which I bought new has been used daily since day one. It's still going strong no issues at all. The other two I picked up off of eBay for $50.00 each. They work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.