BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Having one specific problem - can YOU help me figure it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm using the latest revision of the Sentinel software, as well as firmware for the BCD436HP.

I'm trying to program it with the software and having the following issue with the favorite list/department/system.

I'm trying to program for KNOX county, Tennessee.

In the software my list is like this:

KNOX DPS (fav list)

|___> Knox County Pub Safety

|___> Knoxville PD
|___> Knoxville Fire
|___> Knoxville EMS

I can select KNOX DPS as a favorite list, but it seems like the 'Knox County Pub Safety' that is added when I select the PD, EMS and FIRE and then select ADDPEND TO FAV LIST.

What am I doing wrong? I can't access the PD/FIRE /EMS departments with the '.01/.02/.03) it just just beeps at me.

Really confused here.

Well the one I'm trying to add now is analog with TGID's and is the Knoxville PD. My issue is I cannot enable any of the system quick keys that I've assigned. It just triple-beeps when I try .1 to enable system 1. The toggle of the favorites list works fine.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Try entering 1.2.3> Enter. But I think 01.02.03>Enter (as you have) would have worked as well.

I have been trying to figure the answer out to your question for the last half hour. I have my main FL set up with the QK of 1. I can toggle it on/off by 1>Enter. I can't for the life of me seem to duplicate it on the other 3 FL's I have. I turn my lists on/off by going through the scanner menu.

I am not sure how I ever got my original FL assigned to a quick key. I've tried editing the FL's, editing my profile and going through the scanner settings, to assign my other FL's to a QK..

Worst thing is, I didn't even know this bothered me until I read your question! :lol:

I'm trying these suggestions but I'm still sitting on the sidelines. I simply can't get the sentinel software entry or even manual to work right.

Even uniden tech can't figure it out apparently.

Ok I've placed the hpe file on this message. I can enable/disable the favorite list OK, I cannot toggle the systems on and off. If I press 'F' it shows the system QK #'s on the 'S' line but they cannot be toggled on or off.

Could a kind person please look and see what I've not done right? Thank you!

Attachments

• Jackson.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 25

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Ok I've placed the hpe file on this message. I can enable/disable the favorite list OK, I cannot toggle the systems on and off. If I press 'F' it shows the system QK #'s on the 'S' line but they cannot be toggled on or off.

Could a kind person please look and see what I've not done right? Thank you!

Do you enter your Favorite List Number (FLN) first when you try to enable\disable your System? FLN.SQK

So for example, if your Favorite List quick key is 8 and your System quick key (SQK) is 1, you need to press 8.1 on your scanner to enable\disable your Jackson system.

Also, when I imported your hpe file, I don't see any System quick key assigned to your system Jackson. Maybe this is normal behavior when importing a hpe file. I do see the Department quick keys that you have set..

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There isn't a Favorites List Quick Key assigned nor is there a System Quick Key assigned.

I'd suggest you assign them - not that you have to, it might be easier for you to understand.

Let's say you assign 1 as the Favorites List Quick Key and 0 as the System Quick Key. To toggle the "Jackson County - Sheriff's Department", then they keypress sequence would be: 1.0.1 EYes. (Scanner has to be scanning, not holding on a channel). Don't forget the periods.

Carrying it on a little more, "Jackson County - 911/ETSB" would be 1.0.2 Eyes.

I think you are getting really close.

Do you enter your Favorite List Number (FLN) first when you try to enable\disable your System? FLN.SQK

So for example, if your Favorite List quick key is 8 and your System quick key (SQK) is 1, you need to press 8.1 on your scanner to enable\disable your Jackson system.

Also, when I imported your hpe file, I don't see any System quick key assigned to your system Jackson. Maybe this is normal behavior when importing a hpe file. I do see the Department quick keys that you have set..

Yes I am trying the format 8.1 or in this case 1.1 ..

I do see the SQK did not have a QK and I should have had one there, Thank you for checking that, I'm hoping that each reply will help me get closer and closer :)

There isn't a Favorites List Quick Key assigned nor is there a System Quick Key assigned.

I'd suggest you assign them - not that you have to, it might be easier for you to understand.

Let's say you assign 1 as the Favorites List Quick Key and 0 as the System Quick Key. To toggle the "Jackson County - Sheriff's Department", then they keypress sequence would be: 1.0.1 EYes. (Scanner has to be scanning, not holding on a channel). Don't forget the periods.

Carrying it on a little more, "Jackson County - 911/ETSB" would be 1.0.2 Eyes.

I think you are getting really close.

Ok I corrected the favorite list error it now has 1 and the other systems have 2 3 and 4. I cannot toggle 911/ETSB on or off but using 1.0.2 it just triple beeps.

Am I missing another little issue here?

I enter 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and so on and it works for me. Don't forget to enable them in the selection list.

I try the 1.1.1 and so on and they do toggle on and off but it does not show in the 'S0: line, would that be the selection list? Also the 1.1.1 for instance still scans and receives regardless of toggle.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Neither the FL nor System have QK assigned. So, you'd need to do ..1, ..2, etc

I'd really recommend you put QKs at every layer (FL, System, Dept). Otherwise, it can be difficult to turn on/off a department (or system) in a FL other than the one you are scanning.

Neither the FL nor System have QK assigned. So, you'd need to do ..1, ..2, etc

I'd really recommend you put QKs at every layer (FL, System, Dept). Otherwise, it can be difficult to turn on/off a department (or system) in a FL other than the one you are scanning.

I'm going to clean this up in a little while and see what i can accomplish. I could have sworn they were in there before I sent it.,

This structure looks ok for a several system list for example? (trying to build this one for a trip this weekend)

KNOX DPS (fav list) QK - 1

|___> Knox County Pub Safety (department) DQK - 1

|___> Knoxville PD (system) SQK -1
|___> Knoxville Fire (system) SQK -2
|___> Knoxville EMS (system) SQK -3

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Department goes inside a system, so I suspect Knox County is the System and the PD/FD/EMS are departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.