MHP District 9 on District 1 Dispatch/Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorola2935

Noticed the past couple days that MHP District 1 (Jackson) is also dispatching for District 9 (Brookhaven) on the MHP District 1 / C Troop talk group. Seems as the dispatchers are really getting their workout not being familiar with the area.

rangerrex

Noticed the past couple days that MHP District 1 (Jackson) is also dispatching for District 9 (Brookhaven) on the MHP District 1 / C Troop talk group. Seems as the dispatchers are really getting their workout not being familiar with the area.
Yeah, it's pretty silly the way it's being handled. It's been the overnight shift, primarily. It would make more sense to bring in off-duty, or injured, trooper and pay him overtime. To switch dispatching duties to a single dispatcher in the busiest Troop (C) in the state is very poorly thought out. MHP is notorious for terrible management and this is just another example.

rangerrex

Also worthy of note, when they do dispatch out of Troop C, the towers in southwest Mississippi do not broadcast the radio traffic at all. You would think that the towers would simulcast the Troop C talkgroup in the same manner as Troop M, but it's not happening. I find that to be very odd. So people in Fayette, Natchez, Woodville, Liberty, Centerville areas hear nothing until the Troop C dispatching is switched back to Brookhaven from Jackson. Not a big deal in Frankllin, Lincoln and Pike as Troop C is routinely affiliated with towers in those areas.

rangerrex

Sounds like a consolation of dispatch

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Don't think it's consolidation, more like short a couple of fulltime dispatchers from the sound of it. Noticed a couple of the longtime female dispatchers have been MIA. In the old days, Troop M would assign a trooper to fill the vacant shifts. Seems as though they're doing this to save $$$, but I don't think it's part of a bigger consolidation effort. Just dealing with staffing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.