UBCD536-PT Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastlescan

Premium Subscriber
Howdy All
I have received a Uniden UBCD536-PT with a blank SD card

So far i have been unable to find the correct Sentinel version that would be on the SD card, and firmware updates to resurrect the unit to make it operation..

any help would be appreciated as all I can get is a SD Card file Error

this is a Australian release

Cheers
Mike
Newcastle's premier scanning website since 2001

As Usual i have purchased Butel software but no luck there yet

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I believe if you "Clear User Data" that will also format the card while it's plugged into your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
"Clearing User Data" removes and replaces only those files associated with the scanner. It does not do a format of the entire SD card. So if you have an SD card that isn't formatted in the correct way, Sentinel won't correct it to a format it will recognize.

To do a full formate of the SD card, Uniden has previously recommended SD Formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

gary123

I strongly recommend having a saper SD card programmed for the scanner. They are small and if you need it its invaluable.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
I believe the version of Sentinel is different for the Australian UBCDx36PT models because they have different firmware from the U.S. BCDx36HP models.

If no luck with Pacific Telecommunications Pacific Telecommunications you could try a post on AURFSCAN.

rustynswrail

With the scanner turned off, hold down the 2, 9 and CHANnel keys then turn it on. See if that helps. If not then ask on an AUSTRALIAN forum you will probably do better.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.