not new to scanning/win96 but stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafale01010

Ive been out of the loop for a few years now since im stationed in Germany. Im moving back to the states late this year and already have all the places ill be at programmed and ready. my question now is i completely forgot how to correctly upload the files to the scanner. I got the correct port setup but when i connect the scanner to the cable and hit upload, the scanning keeps on even though the computer is "loading the files." the attached file is how i have the scanner hooked up to the computer at the moment, via a serial connection adapted from a usb/serial converter.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 189

kmi8dy

this is how i do it but dont know if it will work for you. hook up scanner to computer. both scanner and computer are turned off. then turn on scanner, and let it start scanning, then turn on the computer. if that dont work try turning on the computer first let it boot up then turn on the scanner.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ive been out of the loop for a few years now since im stationed in Germany. Im moving back to the states late this year and already have all the places ill be at programmed and ready. my question now is i completely forgot how to correctly upload the files to the scanner. I got the correct port setup but when i connect the scanner to the cable and hit upload, the scanning keeps on even though the computer is "loading the files." the attached file is how i have the scanner hooked up to the computer at the moment, via a serial connection adapted from a usb/serial converter.

I would go to the Windows Device Manager and verify the Serial Port is working and make note of the Comm. Port assignment. Then go to the scanner software and change the serial port number to whatever the Win Device Manager shows.

rafale01010

Thanks, i just figured it out. I had to unplug it then put it in another USB port and it worked.
Preciate the help

Status
Not open for further replies.