MD-380 with Saar Firmware.....Promiscuous mode not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

I just received a brand new MD-380 came with D013.020 firmware, when I load the normal hacked firmware I have found on the net the radio keeps rebooting, the only firmware that worked is the SAAR version.

It has the Promiscuous mode, but I'm unable to hear anything on the programmed digital frequencies when that feature is on, I can see signal bars getting full , but the radio does nothing. An I'm missing something? Analog frequencies work perfect though.

cdesigns

Make sure you have the right color code and you are on the right timeslot.

When Im on the color code menu, do I need to go out all the way till the home screen to see if its the correct color code? I tried to choose all the color codes on a long conversation and I was unable to hear it on the md380 while switching color codes and timeslots, but I never got to the main screen either after each change , could that be it?

iscottybotty

When Im on the color code menu, do I need to go out all the way till the home screen to see if its the correct color code? I tried to choose all the color codes on a long conversation and I was unable to hear it on the md380 while switching color codes and timeslots, but I never got to the main screen either after each change , could that be it?

Hi CDESigns,

Did you ever get the MD380 to work using the above method or are you still having problems.

I have the exact same issue. I have brought the RT3, have put both firmware editions on individually, D013.014 (One it came with) and D013.020 and tried to upload the experimental version, to no avail.

I then tried FW D013.020 with the SAAR edition and it works, well I say it works, it has the MD380Tools etc but i'm not convinced Promiscuous is working as, like yourself, I'm picking up the frequencies but no modulation can be heard.

Do i need to do anything else? I have no idea where I'm going wron to be honest. Do I need to set-up a talk-group for promiscuous mode to work?

Please, any advice you can give would be very much appreciated.

Thank you, Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.