Callsigns For CHP, LASD, and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadUukha

I'm familiar with the naming convention used to identify LAPD units (e.g., 10-A-12) where 10 is the division, A is a two-officer patrol, and 12 would be the car identifier.

Can anyone provide similar conventions for callsigns of CHP, LASD, LA County Fire, and LA City Fire? I hear them called out by dispatchers, but I'm not sure of the identifiers. Thanks.

scottyhetzel

I'm familiar with the naming convention used to identify LAPD units (e.g., 10-A-12) where 10 is the division, A is a two-officer patrol, and 12 would be the car identifier.

Can anyone provide similar conventions for callsigns of CHP, LASD, LA County Fire, and LA City Fire? I hear them called out by dispatchers, but I'm not sure of the identifiers. Thanks.

Lasd is in the wiki, explains unit I.d.s

Chp units start out with their station number first ...second set is their beat area... like borderking I'd its a border area k9 officer.

PaulNDaOC

CHP will assign unit id's very often based on the freeway that is assigned to them,and will incorporate part of that highway number into the id.

For example a Springs unit on the 5 may be 83501, 605 Fwy 83652, East LA 5 Fwy 8252, Baldwin Pk 210 Fwy 81214 and so on.

If you had a particular office in mind and posted it, members here may be able to provide more specific local info.

Status
Not open for further replies.