Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdee

Premium Subscriber
Just received my Uniden BCD996XT, used Freescan to load some local P25 info from RR for Pinellas County Florida, scanner gets nothing, it just keeps scanning. Anyone that can steer me in the right direction?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
HI tomdee- unfortunately there are any number of possibilities here (quick keys not being defined is a common issue that many newcomers have a hard time grasping, but that's only one possibility), and without seeing your programming, we'd be shooting in the dark. You can take your .996 file, zip it up using one of the popular packages such as the freeware 7-Zip, post it here for others to look at.

However, before we go too far afield, this article from our wiki (links are always blue) has lots of links to get you started, Chief among them are the links to the Easier to Read manuals, at the bottom of...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

mitbr

Just received my Uniden BCD996XT, used Freescan to load some local P25 info from RR for Pinellas County Florida, scanner gets nothing, it just keeps scanning. Anyone that can steer me in the right direction?

Make sure you load the p25 freqs the analogue system has been abandon.

PS I am also in Dunedin FL and welcome to the forums!
Tim

tomdee

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much, I am new at this and have a LOT to learn and will look into the articles you suggested. All I did was use the Import function and thought that was all I need to do. Thanks again and I will let you know what happens....Tom D.

tomdee

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I did use the P25 info from the RR site and imported them into my scanner. I am new at this and have a LOT to learn! Maybe because you are very local to me someday we can get together?....Tom D.

You can do a quick check of the scanner by pressing the "WX" button.

That should check out the receiver, speaker and antenna.

Good luck!

~Doc

tomdee

Premium Subscriber
WX

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for the reply. My scanner works fine, I can get the local School and DPW but that's not in my interest. Fire & Police & EMS is what I'm trying to learn to program and receive....Thanks again - Tom D.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting any receive "bars" on the top right side of the screen when it's scanning the p25 system? Also, if you press the "hold/resume" button while it's scanning the trunked p25 system, it should stop on the site it's receiving and show the site Id and frequency.

One other potential problem, on my state p25 system, Freescan sets the system type to "Mot Type II/P25", it should be "P25 Standard (digital xt)". Now, I don't know for sure if that will cause it to not receive anything, but I know p25 standard works on my system.

These are just some basic starting points to make sure the basic setup and location of the scanner is ok.

Jeff.

Last edited:

tomdee

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning and thank you for your reply. Well, I did some more messing around and now my scanner says Nothing To Scan. As for the "Bars" the only time I see them is using the Public Safety or HAM or Weather sites. I have yet to fool around with the P25 types but the ones I loaded form RR using Freescan are P25 Single Frequency. I'm going to dig into it again today. Thanks again - Tom D.

mitbr

Good Morning and thank you for your reply. Well, I did some more messing around and now my scanner says Nothing To Scan. As for the "Bars" the only time I see them is using the Public Safety or HAM or Weather sites. I have yet to fool around with the P25 types but the ones I loaded form RR using Freescan are P25 Single Frequency. I'm going to dig into it again today. Thanks again - Tom D.

Tom PM me your phone number I will call you and get this fixed for you!
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.