Seymour EMS/FD Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Not sure which but Seymour has everyone going for a reprogram of their pagers. not sure if anyone else caught wind of this. I'm being told that the Ambulance may actually be getting a different freq which I'm sure would be a welcome change. This is only going to be the pager freq from my understanding. I'm actually wondering if they are keeping the same freq and putting in different pager tones. This would stop the fire depts pagers going off everytime theres an EMS call and Vice Versa

APX7500X2

The FD & EMS already have different tones. I called a friend and he said they changed Dispatch frequencies because the old 157 frequency had a lot of interference.

New dispatch they changed to 4 weeks ago is 151.370 PL 82.5

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The old dispatch frequency was a data / voice paging frequency originally and it was still being utilized as such when Seymour was assigned it (I was a member of the ambulance association when this system came into service). If I remember right, supposedly the frequency was not assigned or being used in the area.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Thanks guys. Izzy when I was a member there we were on the old low band system. I'm pretty sure you were around there as well nothing worse than a snow storm and dps going all night long on the channel. Used to drive me, Ralph and George crazy. That's one of the reasons they went to the gym system. Sean just started there so I wanted to listen as well then someone told me about the change. That said Thanks again everyone for both the info and for bringing back some good memories.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.