Bridgeton PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerGuys

I have seen so far that the Bridgeton PD has mostly all handhelds so far, but have seen only one SUV with a 700 mhz antenna on top of it so far! I believe it's either on 705 or 706 car number. It's the Sergeant's vehicle that they drive around in mostly. How does it work? Does the city of Bridgeton have to pay the state of NJ for those two talkgroups, they have on the NJICS's system? Also have noticed that most of the officers I have seen around have these hot green colored radios they use, I assume they are the Motorola APX 6000 series radios? They have also been complaining about the radios sound so horrible, sound like they are under water! Also have been complaining about their shoulder mics, batteries are always running down! An officer said he was going to the NJSP barracks last night to get them tested? It appears that city hall on Fayette street in the city of bridgeton where they dispatch everything from is only by handheld radios so far, to the main repeater which is out on top of the NJSP tower in Carll's Corner, Bridgeton, NJ? No outside antennas or anything for the handheld radios they are currently using on the 700 mhz NJICS system on fayette street, just appears they still have up on the building the old VHF high band antennas for 155.550 their main repeater which is currently on the Bridgeton city high rise, but I believe their base antennas on the fayette street location also has (TAC 1 capabilities) is what they call it, which is 151.085. It's all simplex Base to mobile communications when they use it that way, they hardly don't ever use it that way cause they can't ever copy all the mobile radios all over the city that way. The main Repeater 155.550 on top of the Bridgeton City high rise building they say got hit by lightning back in July. Are they ever gonna fix it and put police communications back on that? Bridgeton city fire department has been on it in the past calling them! But they never answer, instead they called them on tac 1, and the officers in the mobile radios answered and not the dispatcher!

Status
Not open for further replies.