Indian river county FD simulcast channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Hi I am visiting in florida this week and i had the simulcast channel for IRC FD with a freq of 153.9200 and pl pl of 162.2 in my scanner in my 2 way radio and scanner, it worked last year but now its silent, i have the 800 system in my scanner and picking everything up. Did they do away with that channel since it was a simulcast channle of dispatch, its still listed i the data base.
Thanks for any info

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Ok i just found out they do not use the PL tone 162.2 anymore, its a CSQ. For the hell of it i took the pl tones off the scanner programming and 2 way radio and now im picking up their dispatches. I sent in a ticket to update the database

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
That's why I no longer program PL tones in my scanner for unfamiliar areas where I travel without knowing whether they are used or not. A lot of times the listings persist from the Good Old Days but when they upgrade to a trunked system they install a new VHF base station to transmit dispatch calls, but don't transmit PL tone because it's supposedly only monitored by pagers which don't need it. At least that's the "logic" explained to me.

I guess transmitting a PL tone must cost them thousands of dollars or sumpin.

CanesFan95

The whole PL issue is a problem on UHF now because of all the DMR interference. I used to not program PL's so I could receive anything, maybe an interesting distant station on the same frequency during a band opening. But now, you really can't do that because you'll get blasted out of you chair with all that DMR BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP nonsense.

Then there's the issue of 440 hammy repeaters going mixed mode. :mad: Same problem. :roll: You have to program the dang PL's now.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
That's why I no longer program PL tones in my scanner for unfamiliar areas where I travel without knowing whether they are used or not. A lot of times the listings persist from the Good Old Days but when they upgrade to a trunked system they install a new VHF base station to transmit dispatch calls, but don't transmit PL tone because it's supposedly only monitored by pagers which don't need it. At least that's the "logic" explained to me.

I guess transmitting a PL tone must cost them thousands of dollars or sumpin.

Yeah that makes sense to me, thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.