TRX-1 Programming radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Using EZScan software, I see that there is a place in trunked systems to add radio IDs (slot to the right of talk groups). It looks like you can also add an alert to these, so if a radio ID is heard, an alert will go off. However, the programmed IDs drop out of EZScan right after I load them into the scanner. And the feature does not seem to work. I can view all radio IDs on the scanner screen, but no alert is sounded when programmed IDs are used. All my software/firmware is up to date. Anyone have experience with this?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Are you entering RID 12345 as Police then setting the alert on that ID?
If after you tell the software to send the data to the scanner and the data is no longer in the software it sounds like you read the scanner to the computer and not the computer to the scanner SD card.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Are you entering RID 12345 as Police then setting the alert on that ID?
If after you tell the software to send the data to the scanner and the data is no longer in the software it sounds like you read the scanner to the computer and not the computer to the scanner SD card.

Yes, putting the police dispatch radio ID in with an alert as a test. Eventually want to put in the radio IDs of the local fire equipment. I"m sure I loaded the program correctly as I made other changes which took hold. So far it just looks like this feature doesn't work. I even tried loading the IDs into a separate scanlist, but they dropped out of there as well.

troymail

Silent Key
If you want radio Ids to cause audible or visual alerts, you need to enable "Use Radio Id Alarm" on the "General Settings" tab of EZ Scan or check "Use RID Alert" under "Program Menu"->"Global Settings" (in addition to adding radio IDs with alert attributes under "Radio ID Details" in EZ Scan.

Ubbe

I can view all radio IDs on the scanner screen, but no alert is sounded when programmed IDs are used. All my software/firmware is up to date. Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, also lights associated to ID's do not work. It seems as TG settings are all that are used.
To be honest I do not know how it should work. First make a TG sound and light and then a ID sound and light, or ID always override TG if ID are configured with sound and take light from TG, or use both from ID if either set in ID or....

I guess the ID light/sound where added but not implemented in the firmware as it is too complicated with the ruling between TG and ID.

/Ubbe

Swipesy

I have been using Radio ID's on my PSR-800 since the radio was first released. I have found that the LED is controlled by the Talkgroup setting and that anything beyond the Radio ID number and Alpha Tag does nothing. I have also found that I just use a dedicated Scanlist and put all radio ID's in that Scanlist. The radio uses the Radio ID/Alpha Tag from that Scanlist regardless of what System is active. Said another way, I have found you do not have to assign a Radio ID to a specific ScanList that the Talkgroup is in.

troymail

Silent Key
Yes, also lights associated to ID's do not work. It seems as TG settings are all that are used.
To be honest I do not know how it should work. First make a TG sound and light and then a ID sound and light, or ID always override TG if ID are configured with sound and take light from TG, or use both from ID if either set in ID or....

I guess the ID light/sound where added but not implemented in the firmware as it is too complicated with the ruling between TG and ID.

/Ubbe

Works on mine -- always has. You just need to set the settings as I described above.

Ubbe

Works on mine -- always has. You just need to set the settings as I described above.

How does it work when you have light/alert set on both TG and ID?

I have all settings enabled and correspond to the instruction above but no light/alert when set on ID but not on the TG.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.