Bcd436 writing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd540

I have fav lists on scanner. I moved and want to make new fav lists. I set it up in sentinel saved my changes and it wont write to scanner. I havr tried new sd card and cable. Any thiughts on this

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What error message(s) are you getting? It's rather hard to diagnose without them...Mike

royldean

so does it go through the normal transfer process like normal, just the favorite lists don't show up?

I would suggest you list a step by step process of what you are doing, as that will really help everybody figure out what is happening.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have you gone through the Menu on the scanner (Manage Favorites Lists) to see if it is there, or are you thinking it isn't there because it isn't being scanned?

nfd540

Ok here is what I have done for a year. I setup my favorites in sentinel. Download is on for each list. I loaded six fls months ago no problem. I then save it. It has one trunked and two non trunked seperate lists. I power on scanner with usb plugged in. It shows Mass storage and I click on E on scanner. I go to write to scanner, erase okd lists. It seems to go through fine. I then eject usb from computer. I then go to menu on scanner. Go to manmenu button. Then manage lists to scan and the two lists I added are not on radio. However the added two lists still show as being setup in sentinel

nfd540

Chris you hit the nail on the head. For whatever reason the two lists I was trying to load on scanner had download off. Why this changed in these two. Lists only is beyond me but thank you all

budevans

Ok here is what I have done for a year. I setup my favorites in sentinel. Download is on for each list. I loaded six fls months ago no problem. I then save it. It has one trunked and two non trunked seperate lists. I power on scanner with usb plugged in. It shows Mass storage and I click on E on scanner. I go to write to scanner, erase okd lists. It seems to go through fine. I then eject usb from computer. I then go to menu on scanner. Go to manmenu button. Then manage lists to scan and the two lists I added are not on radio. However the added two lists still show as being setup in sentinel

Three suggestions to try.

1st check the Profile in Sentinel, make sure the two added lists have both Monitor and Download set to ON.

2nd when you Write to your scanner, select Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner. If there's any corruption in a list on the scanner it should erased and the new file written.

3nd after writing to your scanner. Do Not unplug the USB cable. Press the power button. Your scanner should shut down and restart.
You can now check to see if your two added Favorite Lists have been written to your scanner.

Note: You should only unplug the USB cable when the scanner has been powered off.

Hopefully one of the above will resolve your issue.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've found inconsistent behavior in Sentinel when creating new Favorites Lists with respect to the Download On/Off and Monitor On/Off.

Sometimes when a new FL is created for Profile A these settings can be one way, but if you look at Profile B, they are different, even without touching them.

So one has to pay particular attention.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Always make sure you disconnect the Scanner properly through Windows Eject procedure before you unplug the USB Cable from computer or you can corrupt your SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.