controlling multple vhf/uhf console

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Ok I think has been asked but I can't find the thread. I have 1 dual band, one 220, and one 900mhz I would like to control thru my pc in a format like the Motorola/zetron/avtec consoles with select and unselect audio, any ideas?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Depends on if your radios are "remote" capable.

Using a DC or Tone remote system will make most radios interface with most consoles. Finding an inexpensive console will require the used/e-Bay market.
Finding a used small Zetron console would probably be your best bet. Avtec's are nice, but not sure what the used market is like.
The older Motorola stuff can be expensive. I know when we retired ours, it was pretty well beat and unlikely it would have lasted much longer.

PACNWDude

+1 on an old Zetron console. A 4010 with channel cards should work...but may need the memory battery replaced depending on age. Be careful on eBay, many do not include any channel cards.

Motorola consoles are usually well used. Any Motorola gear my group gets rid of is pretty trashed by the time it hits eBay.

Telex gear often requires the dongle for licensing. Licensing and software can be a deal breaker for consoles. The Zetron 4010 will program with DOS or WinXP software, but may retain some usability with the correct tone channel cards without software. Specific HLGT, delay and other settings would need software, but just keying the radio would still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.