Home Patrol II scanner charge light

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray327

Strange thing. When I leave HP-2 plugged into AC with unit off (4 batteries in unit) the charge light will come on red if batteries need charging and Green if they don't need charging.

Recently the light has come on with a blinking red. What does this mean?

I put all 4 of the batteries in a separate charger and have found 2 of the batteries blink off and on when in the charger which is not normal.

Sounds like it is these 2 batteries causing the problem?

stingray327

Been discussed way too many times on this forum. It's just too dangerous to risk your HP-2

Invest in a seperate charger and your HP2 will thank you.......��

I do have a separate Panasonic charger that came with Panasonic Enelopes 1900 batteries and it charges up batteries within hours unlike the 14 in the 436 or HP-2.

So then is it ok to keep batteries in the HP-2 as a back-up of some sort in case of power outage?
Just don't charge them when batteries are in charger?

What are the dangers of charging batteries in any of these scanners 436 and HP-2?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have always charged my batteries in a La Crosse Technology BC700-CBP Battery Charger. This charger will test the batteries. When they get old it will also refresh them and extend their life. I only use Eneloop batteries.

The HP-2 needs the batteries to use the replay and record functions. I only operate it with either the USB off the PC or cigar lighter if mobile. I just swap the batteries every couple of months with a charged set.

If the battery charge light flashes red that is an error signal.

Last edited:

stingray327

I have always charged my batteries in a La Crosse Technology BC700-CBP Battery Charger. This charger will test the batteries. When they get old it will also refresh them and extend their life. I only use Eneloop batteries.

The HP-2 needs the batteries to use the replay and record functions. I only operate it with either the USB off the PC or cigar lighter if mobile. I just swap the batteries every couple of months with a charged set.

If the battery charge light flashes red that is an error signal.

So whatever I do I should just keep batteries in the HP-2. When I use HP-2 at home I have it plugged in. I will just make sure that I don't put it in the battery charge mode while batteries are in scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.