moto type 2 systems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goot1360

Premium Subscriber
i use my comp to program my 996p2.but sometimes when a channel is active i get some static in the transmission.sometimes it also comes and goes during the transmission this seems to just happen on random channels? help? thanks!.

goot1360

Premium Subscriber
Ok .Thanks so much for the info! I was wondering if it was something that I was doing wrong in the programming . I'm not an expert by any means but I do have the ability to program it by hand and by computer. and I did it both ways. Thanks again for the info!

goot1360

Premium Subscriber
Yea that's what im listening to .portland moto type2 public safety. and it does sound like that kind of like a rushing sound

goot1360

Premium Subscriber
also does it matter if i program all the portland control channels in?? that are
(not highlighted in red or blue) ?? will it effect anything?? or is it ok to do that? or even necessary ?? thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It comes down to a matter of personal preference on whether you program only the identified primary and alternate control channels of "everything" (primary/alternate control channels and voice channels). The scanner will receive just fine if only the highlighted control channels are programmed.

That said, if its a system I want to be certain I don't miss something, I'll program all unless I'm up against a memory limit issue. While it is unlikely that a "stray" control channel is used (one not highlighted) it is possible. So I take the cautious route.

Status
Not open for further replies.