Battles Communications 800 mhz LTR Tower in Piggott

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I have completely lost hearing this tower. Does anyone know if they upgraded it to PassPort? Is there anyway to check for it? I just noticed the reception on the Marmaduke tower has disappeared as well.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Try it with DMR or NXDN... LTR doesn't upgrade to PassPORT, it upgrades to MotoTRBO or NexEDGE. Also, try every single freq for the site as they may have reconfigured. WNGC318 (Battles Communications Inc.) FCC Callsign Details

I see the UHF is licensed for NexEDGE now.. But not the 800 as far as I can tell, though any changes could be in the pipeline as the FCC data is always behind.

btritch

Battles 800 MHZ Has gone to NexEdge trunking, I have a channel on the UHF side of this system and we were recently notified that we would only have digital from here on out, Which is fine, Our Paragould channel is already NXDN anyway so it didn't effect us any, I can tell you that the 800 has gone to full NXDN as well as the 400. The 400 is still split but is in the process of being changed over at this point.
This is in reference to the Marmaduke Tower, Not 100% sure about Piggott.

btritch

I can tell you that ours is encrypted, I'm not sure about everyone else, I know Grahams Farms out of marmaduke is digital and not encrypted, I listen to them periodically on the paragould site, Anybody else i'm not entirely sure about.

ktedder

Brian, can you listen to paragould police on the nxdn scanners or is it encrypted?

btritch

ALL public safety agencies in Greene County Are NexEdge Trunked Encrypted and CANNOT Be heard by any means

Paragould PD
Paragould FD
Greene Co SO
Greene Rescue
AMMC EMS
Paragould City Services

wbswetnam

ALL public safety agencies in Greene County Are NexEdge Trunked Encrypted and CANNOT Be heard by any means

Paragould PD
Paragould FD
Greene Co SO
Greene Rescue
AMMC EMS
Paragould City Services

Wow, emergency response officials in Greene county: "We don't want nobody to know nuffin'!"

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Wow, emergency response officials in Greene county: "We don't want nobody to know nuffin'!"

It's sad but likely people there don't complain about it to the right people so it stays this way. I won't go down that road here as those posts usually get shut down but it really is sad and disappointing...plus, realistically I fear that the future of freely monitoring agencies (i.e. as it should be) will go away as new technologies emerge, etc. Hopefully not but I fear it will within the next 10 years or so. Still disappointing.

btritch

It's sad but likely people there don't complain about it to the right people so it stays this way. I won't go down that road here as those posts usually get shut down but it really is sad and disappointing...plus, realistically I fear that the future of freely monitoring agencies (i.e. as it should be) will go away as new technologies emerge, etc. Hopefully not but I fear it will within the next 10 years or so. Still disappointing.

it's been done, I won't go into details because you never know who's watching online posts, but it doesn't do any good for several different reasons, it's been tried, all the way to court, which was dropped, but it's not going to be changed anytime soon, it's been 5 years now, it's sad I can hear Jonesboro, a city of nearly 100,000 people but I can't hear a town of 30,000.

jbdinki

I'm sorry to say but almost 100% of the time encryption means corruption. Doesnt matter whos watching posts you are still free to express yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.