Bridgeton PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerGuys

Has anybody heard if and when Bridgeton PD will go fully encrypted? Those current radios they are using, which are mostly handheld radios, are they capable of being used on the future cumberland county 700 mhz trunked radio system they are suppose to have in the year of 2020. Bridgeton city currently only has one mobile radio in car 706. Millville PD has already installed alot of mobile radios in their cruisers for the NJICS system. Anybody know what is holding up bridgeton city from doing so? Heard a Bridgeton city officer the other day leaving millville city on the new millville NJICS repeater on top of the Jaycee center, I don't believe a handheld radio at those 700mhz trunked frequencies could make it back to the NJSP repeater which is the only repeater for the NJICS in Bridgeton currently! The Bridgeton PD's handheld radios are they loaner radios, or has the city purchased them? Anybody heard anything regarding this?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

csmith00

Feed Provider
I'll admit I have not gotten myself up to speed on how NJICS is setup. However, I thought the tower at NJSP barracks in Upper Deerfield was part of the Berlin site.

I'm not surprised Millville has gear installed. From what I have read and heard, they had planned on a move in 2017/2018. Bridgeton on the other hand seems to have had a catastrophic failure of the existing system during the summer disrupting any migration plans they had.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody heard if and when Bridgeton PD will go fully encrypted? Those current radios they are using, which are mostly handheld radios, are they capable of being used on the future cumberland county 700 mhz trunked radio system they are suppose to have in the year of 2020. Bridgeton city currently only has one mobile radio in car 706. Millville PD has already installed alot of mobile radios in their cruisers for the NJICS system. Anybody know what is holding up bridgeton city from doing so? Heard a Bridgeton city officer the other day leaving millville city on the new millville NJICS repeater on top of the Jaycee center, I don't believe a handheld radio at those 700mhz trunked frequencies could make it back to the NJSP repeater which is the only repeater for the NJICS in Bridgeton currently! The Bridgeton PD's handheld radios are they loaner radios, or has the city purchased them? Anybody heard anything regarding this?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

What handheld radios are they using? They are currently using a TDMA talk group so I'm guessing they have APX portables or one of the other vendors offerings. If Cumberland County is deploying a 700MHz Phase II system they will operate on that as well. They will also operate on legacy systems and conventional channles if properly optioned.

As for encryption, it's monkey see monkey do. Everyone else is doing so they probably will too.

ScannerGuys

Does anybody know if Bridgeton PD's handheld radios are "Loaner Radios" from the state on the NJICS's system? I have seen, what appears to be is the Motorola APX 7000's series so far, and they look like they have a high gain antenna on them. It's the green handheld radio on Motorola's site that has what looks like a Multi - Band antenna on it, Motorola claims it works on 700 MHZ 800 MHZ and VHF and UHF bands! It looks like it will do just about anything, according to the Motorola's website?

With the correct programming it even looks like it will operate on the state police's analog system, and Bridgeton's old repeater system 155.550 that got struck by lightning on July 2016? Anybody heard if they are going to fix their old system 155.550, that system was so much better, than the NJICS system they are currently on now! When officers get on the south side of town, mostly on South Ave in Bridgeton, NJ those handheld radios signals break up most of the time now, when spring and summer arrive and the green leaves are on the trees the coverage will be a lot worse!! I can't understand why the city went on this system, it's coverage is terrible! Bridgeton City should just fix their current repeater on top of the city's high rise at 110 east commerce street in Bridgeton NJ they already have a bunch of VHF high band antenna's on top currently, and the current city hall on fayette street, they mentioned a while back in the local newspaper here in town that they had the radio system go over the old copper telephone lines to the citys main repeater on the high rise! The old copper phone lines were the problem, and I dont understand why they would put it over the phone lines that close to the repeater? All they would have to do is make a regular old base station transmit to the repeater on the high rise, which is less than 3 air miles to the repeater, as the crow flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.