Sacramento sheriff encrypted channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there is a special way to program these encrypted channels, I am getting bits and pieces of the traffic along with some very I pitch noise as well do I have to do something else to eliminate the other noise I am receiving the scanner I am working with is the uniden bcd396xt

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If they are encrypted, you will not be able to decrypt them. Not only is a scanner not equipped with the software to do encryption, you wouldn't be able to get the key to the system to decrypt it. Also, decryption of a radio signal not intended for you is a crime.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
SSD

I wonder if you're actually receiving an encrypted channel or have reception issues. Since you specifically mentioned Sacramento Sheriff, I must assume you're monitoring them on one of the two trunked systems. Can you be more specific as to the system and talkgroup(s) you're speaking of?

Happy New Year

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if you're actually receiving an encrypted channel or have reception issues. Since you specifically mentioned Sacramento Sheriff, I must assume you're monitoring them on one of the two trunked systems. Can you be more specific as to the system and talkgroup(s) you're speaking of?

Happy New Year

There are four new, fairly active encrypted channels listed for Sacramento Sheriff in the database. They simulcast on both sites of the Motorola system, not on the P25 system. Only SSD has access to these channels, including their rotor-wing and fixed-wing aircraft.

14160 - "Encrypted 14" (secure alternative/replacement for Tac 4/Mode 14)
14192 - "Encrypted 15" (secure alternative/replacement for Tac 5/Mode 15)
14224 - "Encrypted 16" (secure alternative/replacement for Tac 6/Mode 16)
14992 - Unknown use, but radio IDs on that channel indicate may be SED related.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
SSD

Damn I didn't know they had added those channels to the MOT II system. THANKS. Of course it is a different story when the P25 system becomes the main system.

Status
Not open for further replies.